1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Football Manager 2013

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 1 Nov 2012.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

noticed that myself on cup games as wolves as i was classed as joint favourites for the fa cup after winning it the year before. The fact that we played no premier team before the final isnt counted in those odds.

2. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Woop. Got Rangers promoted, only losing 1 game all year, pretty annoyed at that as I lost to bottom place but never mind.

What I don't get is that I won the league by 22 points, Scored 104 goals, only conceded 30 and won manager of the month every month bar 2 months and they gave manager of the year to the guy in second place.....BASTERDS!

Bring on promotion next season :D

3. Nutyy

Nutyy Widden Palettes

It's because their *cough cough "Reputation" cough* is 6150 or thereabouts,:grr: second highest in Scotland which makes em expected to win their games....

Interesting to note that the year founded is still 1872:confused:

Anyway started my first game as San Marino and it's not going well, second bottom of the league with 3 losses out of 3. The only team behind has a 10 point deduction. Also got knocked out of the Coppa Italia in the second round by Novara. They had M'baye Niang - FM12 wonderkid - on loan and he cracked in 3 against me. Managed to get a goal back in the last minute to no avail.:(

4. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Well started an online game with a few friends, all as league two teams but unfortunately due to random problems we just can't string more than a few weeks together before one of us has a problem, that causes the game to crash

:(

Last edited: 5 Nov 2012
  5. rollo

rollo Modder

As long as you dont mind using the editor you could set rangers rep to a more realistic total but it has a problem of reducing the players who are intrested in you.

6. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Well I started my second season last night.

Lost a fair few first teamers due to not being able to reject offers but gives a chance for a few decent youth players Rangers have.

Won the first 2 cup games of the season but then lost my first league game 2-1 after leading 1-0. Think I had too many youngsters in that squad, might not be time to promote my youth goalie but will see how it goes over the next few games once the teams gelled.

No signings yet, don't have much of a transfer budget and the free transfers all went while I was embargoed so just 16/17 year olds left.

Also amusingly I forgot to renew my coach contracts so all but 2 left, recruited a whole new back team and up to 3.5 to 4 stars across the board which I'm happy with.

7. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

Has anyone tried the multiplayer versus mode thing?

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Can't say I have or will

9. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Spent about an hour on a new game today, searching for players with limited funds, negotiating deals... game crashes and I'm back to square one :(

10. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Are you a wolves fan rollo? Or just fancy a challenge?

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Picked them at random of a championship team who were not in debt basically, mid table in prem on that save, was also testing out classic mode see what all the fuss was about. Wolves have a decent young team though for anyone intrested and they pretty easy to get out of championship.

Can't say I really support one team anymore, want to see a good match more than out else.

Got pretty lucky to win that cup as well, we had 1 chance scored 1 goal Man U missed a hatful.

12. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Well latest patch, seems to have sorted the issues me and my friends had with the game crashing, League Two superheroes here we go :D

We are, team wise Bradford City, York and Rotherham so its going to be an interesting season.

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

After being fired by Scunthorpe United I concentrated on my England job for a while before accepting an offer to become part time manager at Boston United. Again the press were worried I may favour my Boston players when it came to naming the England squad and again I have resisted the temptation!

The press are still going on about how I don't pick Rio Ferdinand in the England squad - this is so much like reality it's scary!!

Anyway I have won three and drawn one with Boston and we are on course for a playoff place. Hopefully I will survive this job...

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Its fun been barce / spain boss you get loads of those sort of messages then need to explain to the press when you dont pick half of them

15. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Well I've come across my first proper bug, can't wait to play 3 games in 4 days!

[​IMG]

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

As long as the coach doesn't break down on the way from White Hart Lane to Tannadice you should be OK! I hope you have some good videos on board!

17. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

In my game Darren Bent scored 48 league goals last season. Sadly not for me :(

In my third season with Newcastle having turned down the England job, but I've a hankering to try and recreate my Sassuolo career from fm12. Still not tried fmc, is that how most people are playing?

18. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Well I got into top spot in the second season (after failing to get into playoffs the first) for all of a week of games :(

19. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Just bought FM13 after a few disappointments with recent versions - the last game I played 'to death' was FM09 - I baulked at the UI and game changes that came in with FM10, it just got too OTT for me, so I hope FM13's Classic Mode will tempt me back.

I had two amazing games going on FM09, one was Shrewsbury who I managed to get from League Two to Champions League winners in 2021, and then Braintree Town from Conference South to League One - moved in with the girlfriend (now fiance) in May so that game has stagnated at around 2016ish (can't remember exactly).

Here's hoping I can get some crafty lunch-hour play on my MacBook at work!

20. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

I had an amazing FM10 game where to get promoted again after a dysmal 1st season in the prem with Charlton (5 points 1 win), I beat Newcastle 7-6 in the playoffs of the Championship to go straight back up

Currently the league we are playing in looks like this :

[​IMG]