1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress GET A LIFE - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by The_Gnu, 17 Nov 2010.

1. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Sexiest thing in the modern world right there! love it dude!

The_Gnu likes this.
  2. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

awesome design - stunning quality. :jawdrop: :rock: :)

I'm looking farward to your upcoming projects. :)

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Every single 0.1% out of 100 is totally awesome on this Gnu, inspiring on dedication to every single little detail. :):clap:

This might be my favorite & there are some crazy good contenders but this has fantastic engineering with a scoop of fun & fun gives special bonus points to a project for me as does innovation which this also has, I'd rate this 10/10 on everything, bet it's very pleasing seeing & using this now. :D:rock:

$1000 worth of alu, that is kickass news Gnu, look forward to seeing what you do with that lot. :D:rock:

I take the pixelated avatar is your love of 8-bit theme. :D

4. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

Brilliant , Brilliant , Brilliant

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

That looks phenomenal, great job!

6. Ace_finland

Ace_finland Minimodder

Great work!

7. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

The best ITX Scratchbuild ever !
    Congrats my friend !

The_Gnu likes this.
  8. whyte

whyte What's a Dremel?

one of my all time faves.. congrats on an amazing build. very much looking forward to your next project

The_Gnu likes this.
  9. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Gnu, gnu, gnu... This is soooo stunning!!!! The power LED idea is amazing, and designed with such precision. I love it... The case itself looks perfect, I love that green color. But the NES controller mod, just WOOOOW!!! It just couldn´t look better. The detailing man. To turn the orgin cable spot into a mini USB, that´s perfection. I learn so much from your logs man! Btw, do you know if you could use multiple ps3 in one PC? ... And would you say it´s a manageble soldering task? ... Anyway, all those hrs put into this build... the perfect alighments, the lack of space and the pixel filing(!), ALL WORTH IT! Well done... Looking forward to the pico build!

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Wow, two years of work comes to a close. I remember seeing the first of this and guessing what you were creating.

Very well done, its truely amazing.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Absolutely stunning final result Gnu! :thumb:
    Congratulations :)

12. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

AWESOME BUILD !!

[​IMG]

The_Gnu likes this.
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

:jawdrop:

...still picking it up.

14. Sissilisko

Sissilisko What's a Dremel?

Really god damnn nice..

15. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

This is hands down my favorite case this year,

Often I am impressed by the work I see on bit-tech, but very rarely am I truly astounded. I just had to show my office mates at work your case because its to amazing not to share it with other people.

Craftsmanship, design and execution are all top notch mate. Huge props, I will be voting for you in MOTY when it comes around and I seriously hope you win.

Nothing but win... I'm just blown away. :clap:

The_Gnu likes this.
  16. CMos

CMos What's a Dremel?

Beautiful work mate!!!

17. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Thanks Doc:thumb:

Epic thanks :thumb:

Thanks MeddlE, yeah if I very to price it acording to normal hourly rates it would be extremely expensive :D

Thanks Gtek:thumb:

Thanks a lot Pranja. Yeah a lifetime supply of 8bit controllers would be awsome.

Yea I got it,don't worry. I figure you'd prefer the cheaper 48h delivery once I send you the invoice, muahahaha :D

Thanks for the nice comment.

Thanks for following this project KidMod and all the support:thumb:

Thanks Attila, Im honored. I can only say the same about your stuff.

Thank you Editor. :rock:

Thanks BD. Lets hope you'll like them aswell :)

Thank you very much Waynio. You have been supportive through the whole project and I really appreciate that. You are a big source of inspiration yourself so thank for that. Nice to hear that you like the fun part of it aswell , and yeah.. I got a love for 8-bit stuff:D

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Thank you :)
    Thanks KoSoVaR, and thanks for the support during this project:thumb:

Thank you very much Whyte, I hope I can give you some more favorites in the future.

Awsome comment Quizz. It's really nice to hear that you notice and see the work behind all of those small parts that might not be vissible at first glance. It makes some of those hours all more worthy. You are a big source of inspiration yourself and I learn a lot from your projects and design skills..

Regarding multiple PS3 controllers on one PC. Im not shure I have seen that being done actually, I would guess that it might be a bit tricky. But I can try and make a quick test this weekend to see if it's possible to connect two controllers to one Bluetooth dongle. The soldering task however can be pretty tricky. So if you are not used to solder 1mm stuff, it can be tricky. And also, the new PS3 controllers don't have this connector for the flex pcb that I used to solder my cables to. They new versions only have contact spots on the pcb that they press the flexpcb to. Kind of the same way that the black conductive surface on the button rubber works. But you can use all PS3 controllers I think, it's just that a matter of how tricky it will be. I opened 4 controllers before I found an old version that I decided to continue with.

Thank you very much. Yeah it's almost sad to have it finished. But I'll make shure to make something new for you to keep on guessing. Thanks for watching from start to end :thumb:

Thank Ziip:thumb:

Thank you Guille.
    Hm...Im not so shure I would dare to touch that though.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Im really honored by this comment and I will have to thank you for the possible vote if I get nominated. I hope your mates liked it as well. This is the kind of support that makes it a lot more easy through some of the toughest times on this project. Like skipping sleep and keep on sanding just to make it to the anodizer in time, or filing the backplate and causing an infection that makes your face swell up like a ballon for several days (yes it did lol). Whit that ,I don't want pity, I just that those are the times you doubt the project the most, but all these comments make it worth it :thumb:

Cheers mate:thumb:

18. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

If you have the time, it would be very nice if you could check if possible to have two of them connected. I´m quite used to precise soldering, so I think I´ll manage, thanks. I´ve ordered two cheep china controllers to see if they work.

Again, what a winner this build is!! MOTY!!

19. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Yes, I'll try to do some investigating. I will try to see if I can find a website, I used when starting this, describing all the PS3 pcb versions and where to solder etc.

Thanks again Quizz:thumb:

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Quick question. How are you using the wireless capabilities on a pc? Is it Bluetooth?