1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress GET A LIFE - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by The_Gnu, 17 Nov 2010.

1. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Yeah it's with a bluetooth dongle. There are several methods to synk the PS3 controller to PC but I decided to go with a program called Motionjoy, that seemed to be most easy and straight forward method. There are videos on youtube that describes the process, HERE is one for example. Im not shure if it will work with a built in bluetooth or if it has to be a separate dongle. There are also some dongles that is not supported, both the ones I tried with works but it might be good if you can try before you buy.

Good luck if you decide to give it ago.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I knew about motioninjoy, didn't know about the Bluetooth. Can you use more than one controller with one Bluetooth adapter?

3. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Seems like I´m not the only one interested here :lol:

4. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Im not shure yet, I will try to do some testing to see if I can figure it out though. As quizz_kid seems kind of interested in knowing two :)

Hehe yep, seems like theres a demand for this info. I'll let you know as soon as I have been able to test it to ease you minds.:D

5. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

This is really awesome, Gnu! Please post a link of your new project in this thread so I can follow that one too! (I, unfortunately, have little time to check every new build)

6. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Thanks a lot TotalGaos, it's nice to heat you are interested in my next projects and I will make shure to post a link to it in this thread once it starts. :thumb:

As a mini update. I browsed through my photos and realised I hadn't shown the fiberoptic lightguides I did in action. So I added some bonus shots.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Yeah. I'm really interested in converting an N64 controller to Wireless.

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Freakin' beautiful! :D I also like that you are stockpiling metal. Always a good sign, but you could work on protohype and the pico too.*hint*

The_Gnu likes this.
  9. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Hm.. that would be nice. N64 gave me some of the best gaming memories of all time. I think it could be possible to fit a ps3 pcb inside it. Might meet some challenge on the analog stick though but the challenge is the fun part. Ill try to get some testing done tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks cheap, I'm always looking forward to your comments:thumb:
    Every time I have acess to a car around the metal suplier, I try to pic something up. And this time it became quite a lot. Should be good for a couple of weeks atleast.

Yeah ProtoHype was a long time ago now. Instead of continuing it as it is, I will make a redesign of the whole case basically only keeping the top , bottom and maybe the DVD drive. But first up is the Pico-itx project, and maybe protohype somewhat on the side along the way. But my timeplaning is always way too optimistic so we'll se about that..

10. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Yes finally the wel deserver pics we al where waiting for :D!

It looks realy good! Muchos respectos sir!

The_Gnu likes this.
  11. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Fantastic finish on a wonderful case. :thumb:

So many great modding tips in one build, this will go in my bookmarks. :)

Such great workmanship. Love that power-on light :rock:

I hope you enjoy it for many years. :)

The_Gnu likes this.
  12. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Thanks kenny:thumb:

Thanks Craig, I learned a lot during this build and I try to share as much as possible of new ideas and findings. Nice to hear that you liked the tips, I hope they are usefull.

Thanks for following and supporting this build:thumb:

13. ASPHIAX

ASPHIAX Minimodder

Very original!
    Love it !
    congratz on finishing it !

14. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

@ Darkwisdom & Quizz_kid
    I' have been testing to add more controllers now and I have to say that I was a bit surprised to see that it is actually possible to connect two (maybe more) PS3 controllers to the same bluetooth dongle. I was expecting it to require a lot of work but it was actually really easy. I just repeated the pairing process for both the controllers in motioninjoy and I was good to go. I've tested them and they both work independent of each other.

Quizz, I think you mentioned something about you having issues with the 360 receiver. I havn't tested it but it looks like it's possible to connect a 360 controller in the same way so maybe you can use your existing controller with a bluetooth dongle. FYI I used this one,

Thanks Asphiax, im glad you liked it.:thumb:

15. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Thanks for testing multiple controllers. Nice to hear it´s working out. I might go for ps3 controllers if my chinese budget gadgets doesn´t work. The issue with the xbox controllers wasn´t the multiple function, it was the drivers for the receiver. I just could make it work in XP, and searching through forums I realised that some computers just can´t deal with the xbox receiver. Gonna look into that dongle though! Thx!!

16. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

I cant say enything because all is sed. Dam this lan port LED look realy good. Well all done and looks realy good :)

17. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Thank you :thumb: At first I wasn't shure how well those fiberoptic extensions would work. But they turned out much better than expected so Im pretty shure I will use more of them in the future.

TeenGeek likes this.
  18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

This level of modding is God-ish!!!! You my friend, are a master for sure. This looks more than awesome!!! If that mod goes for sale, the bids will sky rocket FOR SURE!!!!! Mod on man, you rock!

19. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Very nice words from the master himself. Thank you very much.
    Everything is for sale at the right price :). But in this case, It would have to be a very good offer before I would even consider selling it. Way to much blood,sweat and tears put into this that only a modder himself can see.

20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Excellent job, I LOVE it! :hip: