1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos A pair of PhotoMerges (Ps)

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Ra6, 9 Dec 2012.

1. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

So, today I bring you two of my best panoramic photos made with Photoshop (Photomerge).
    It is a very useful and easy tool available in PS, here the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If there's somebody who wants to know how that program works I could do some kind of little tutorial for you!

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

my camera can do that, but its impossible to line it up that perfectly for the three shots.

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

^Tripod Cheesecake.

4. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

good point, but ya still gotta line up the shots, ie the edges of the center shot have to blend. i have a very steady hand. thats where it gets a tad tricky :( otherwise id have spamposted sr-71 pnaromas en masse by now.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you can also use Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE), cheaper (eg, free) tool than Photoshop. :)

very nice stitched panoramas.

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Forget the on-camera function, take your own set of pics and use the Photoshop (or PSE) Photomerge function. Much easier.

If you don't have Photoshop, there are a couple of free options out there like Hugin or MS Image Composite Editor (I think MS Live Photo Gallery also does stitching)

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

The first one is great, the composure works very well with the light. Not so keen on the second as almost a third of the image is just big trees and it takes away from the view.

When stitching such large images you have to think about the end result more than you would with a single shot as it's easy to fill the frame with elements that take away from the overall picture.

8. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

Yes, but as SuicideNeil says, it's better to do it with the tripod. Also, Ps takes all the pictures for they own and match them the better way! ;)

Cheesecake for the win! LoL

I know that the second is not as good as the first one, but it would be better for you if you knew the place and you could relate all what you see with that. The green of the wood and mountain with the blue of the landscape and sea.

True! It's as easy as taking some pictures, opening them with the program, wait for it to do the hard work and cut what you want to see! :)

Thank you all!

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

The subject matter is nice, I would just crop it tighter so the trees on the right side don't distract from the interesting bits of the image... unless you like trees of course :lol:

[​IMG]

10. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, you are right, maybe with less trees on the right would be better! ^^'
    Thank you! ;)