1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Which Headphones - £100-150

Discussion in 'General' started by Tibby, 10 Dec 2012.

1. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Hey all,

I've been doing some googling on the subject of which over-ear headphones to buy myself for work (I code and my in-ear and leaking too much noise and bothering others).

I am hitting the predicament where I don't trust reviews on sites I don't know as I feel like they are doing it for some financial gain.

So I ask you great people (especially Audiophiles), do you have any recommendations?

I listen mostly to Rock and Electro/Dance, and I would be happy to buy second hand if it was for a significant improvement in quality.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, and helping out this poor Bit-Techer who is stuck listening to music quietly at work :grr:

- Tibs.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I asked the same kind of question in the thread in Hardware. I was informed that Sennheiser HD 598 are pretty good. Missed out on buying some from the Market Place.

Amazon

I am thinking about buying some end of the month.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you're worried about financial conflicts (surely there are sites out there you can trust?), have a look at the Head-Fi tables. Multiple reviews by professionals and forumites all leagued together, can't be too much bias in there, right?

The top-rated, obviously closed-back headphone I can see on that list is the Beyerdynamic DT-770

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

My q701s? :p

I can confirm the DT770s are pretty awesome, very pleased with mine :)
    If you want close backed (which from your OP it sounds like you do) then I would go for them.

5. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I'm not sure 'over the ear' is the best idea if you're worried about noise leakage. Most audiophile headphones, I think, are open backed so they will unfortunately leak a lot of noise. You can get closed back ones but your ears might get warm after extended listening.

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I think I made an error with my terminology, closed back is what I mean!

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll take a look!

7. NRG IT - Olly

NRG IT - Olly What's a Dremel?

I've got Sennheiser HD25s for music, although I imagine they leak sound. Otherwise, I use Alienware TactX. The quality seems pretty good, although I've also heard good things about the Creative Fatality ones, but that's from gamers, so I'm not sure how they are for sound quality. But, Sennheiser get my vote.

8. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Audio technica ATH50 headphones are very good

YEHBABY likes this.
  9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

You missed the iheadphones promotion - a flat 50% off everything a few weeks ago (even B-grade stock)! I bought new cans and new in-ears, was the greatest sale event ever!

I got these http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/ath-m50wh.html for £60! Cant recommend them enough.

10. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thank Fuss, will most likely buy from that site and save some money too :)