1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress REDELUX (18/1 Final pictures and video)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by quizz_kid, 19 Aug 2012.

1. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Yeah, let´s hope so :lol: But thanks for the silicone tip Gnu! Going to look into that...

Thanks Kelmannen, much appreciated! The usb females can be found at Kjell&Co...

2. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

REDELUX is completed!!! ... or almost. I´ve had a bit of a setback with the joysticks. The xbox wireless receiver is not working as expected. So I´m going to try some other wireless controller options. In other words, there´s going to be a bit of delay...

In the meantime, watch this short video of the docking system. Enjoy!! (Sorry about the quality btw...)

And some photos of that beautiful Tigers Eye Ball!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Nov 2012
    The_Gnu and Waynio like this.
  3. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Quite impressive man, the alignment looks perfect.

4. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Love it.
    Looks like magic. To bad about the receiver though but im shure you'll sort it out

5. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

I dont understand how you can make such sweet looking stuff! :D

6. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Thanks man. And I am very happy with the alignment =)

It´s not magic, it´s magnic! Yeah, I hope I will sort it somehow. I just ordered two different logitech pc controllers that I´m going to try out. Btw, how did that ps3 controller work out for you?

Thank you friend!

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I wasn't all that sure what you was doing when fixing wires to the magnets :blush: that is some freakishly good thinking mate aka genius, wow :D:jawdrop: modular controllers, crazy good stuff, looks gorgeous too. :rock::clap:

Love how it just breaks in half & just slide the alternative one on, brilliant. :D:dremel::hip:

8. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Thanx Waynio, appreciate it! Yeah, those magnets turned out better than ever.

9. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

DAMN! o_O

10. dotdrew

dotdrew What's a Dremel?

Jesus, that tiger's eye trackballs looks sweet. Very classy. Can't wait to see the finished product.

11. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Nutty nutty, thanks!

Thank you Dotdrew!

12. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Check this out guys... This is quality from abroad!

[​IMG]
    Received this in the mail today, a budget wireless pc controller, from China. And I thought "Aqua Flash" was nothing more than a really really cool product name. But behold...

[​IMG]
    It´s actually LIQUID(!) inside the controller :hehe: I suppose that´s supposed to be for decoration or something(?):confused:

[​IMG]
    But if you´re putting liquid in a device filled with electronics, you are suppose to make it leakproof. Well these guys did NOT!! :confused: There´s actually liquid all over the PCB!

[​IMG]
    Best thing about the product... is this text!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

This one really made my day! ... Gonna test it tonight though =)

13. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Chances it will still fully function as long as you let it 100% dry before you provide power to the controller.

Though that is pretty funny :hehe:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Funny find. :D:clap:

Hope it works still though. :)

15. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Hahaha wow
    A gamepad already stained and filled with soda, why didn't anyone think of that before. Im shure it will be the new big thing, just like factory faded jeans

16. crudbreeder

crudbreeder What's a Dremel?

Now you only have to find a way to incorporate the "blue water gel" into your design :)

17. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

I never got it working :eyebrow: Blue gel is bad for you!!

Yeah, those big brains... Some just got 'em!

hmm... NO!! NEVER!!!! :D

18. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

I have a question about using multiple wirless USB devices.

I´ve just found two very cheap wireless USB gamepads. On my desktop they seem to be cooperating well(The receivers are both plugged in fronpanel USB) But on my laptop, only one of the gamepads is working. Seem to be a bit of a fight between the two 2.4GHz receivers, not that strange really I guess. But why is this? And why does only my desktop manage?

19. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

is the recievers in the same usb pair? or hub? USB on laptops sometimes have a smaller current output, they should give 200mA, on stationary pc they almost always do deliver that or more och each usb connector, on a laptop it might be 200mA totally for all usb connectors! i had the same issue with a keyboard and mice and joystick an laptops, the laptop couldn't give enought power for the equipment to work.. =/

try with:
    Changing one of the recievers to another usb connector (if the laptop has 4 or more it's usually on different hubs)
    Shut of wlan and/or bluetooth because they're quite often connected with usb (therefore uses the same 200mA current as all other peripherals).
    Try with an external powered usbhub.

Those was mostly for sorcing out if there is a power problem if it's and you need all other peripherals, well, you gonna need that extra powered usb hub. :(

Hope this wall atleast helps out a bit...

20. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Thanks for the info kelmannen! The laptop has three USB connectors, and I´ve tried changing between them. Sometimes (if I´m lucky) the controllers work simultaneously, but only for a couple of seconds. How does an what-you-call external powered usb hub work?