1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

I'll save you Dom! just give me a shout some time on mumble and i'll log on, grab some morphine and hustle up to the nwaf.

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Yes it a 140+ vechile server, a little bird where was that? I spawned in yesterday and found that my camp had been raided. They didnt steal our jeep just shot one of the tyres out *rage*

Took everything accept the lee enfeilds...god damn bandits. I could pop on and get you if you want may well be on tonight. I have the bandit scarf on but i swear its only been self defense ha!

3. will_123

I have a secondary camp set up if your interested. But the tent is full and our car is used reguarly so wouldnt want to leave anything valuable in it. I can give you GPS cordinates via PM once im home.

Last exam today then im finihsed uni forever whoohoo!

4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Please do, I'll have to find a tent first though. Gonna be on later today and see if I can find one.

5. adrock

i remember that feeling, sadly I had a sunday exam and started working full time on the monday :(

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Have ordered a new PC, will be back to this very soon!

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

How dare you even leave! Get Killing Floor on Steam too!

8. will_123

Doesnt matter we can start a fresh one been cleaned out! Clearly im not that good at hiding stuff!

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It was a Balota Airfield. I may or may not be on this evening. Depends on which server we choose to play on.

10. suragh

suragh Derp

I am gonna get myself back into this game as I haven't played it in a while.

Any decent changes happened in the past 4-5 months?

:D

11. Nealieboyee

Yeah not a lot of people playing the Chernarus map anymore. Namalsk and Taviana are popular maps. Those heatpacks are really needed on Namalsk, and Taviana is so big that you kinda need a vehicle to get around.

12. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

As many of you know we have experienced some problems with our servers.

We have now got a 100% fully working without glitches/bugs server, and the correct mission file.

It is a Taviana.EU server, use DayZ Commander to download and install.

IMO much better version that the Taviana.com

Join join join guys

[​IMG]

DayZTaviana EU Official MGT Server 91.1.0|99515) [VETERAN|3DP:ON|SC:ON|200+Vehicles] www.mgtrolls.eu

37.59.48.201:2302

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Will give the server a blast. See what happens. Maybe stream when Im playing.

Most likely die more than survive.

14. adrock

i'm going on it now, but it looks empty.

it is empty, and loot is taking a while to spawn. i appreciate the irony in an alice pack being the first thing i find then not finding anything to store in it :)

Last edited: 16 Dec 2012
  15. will_123

Has anybody heard about this? http://anyoneincherno.com/

Its changed up the DayZ recipe and it works really well. They have added in military AI, to act like the military has been sent in to wipe the infection. The AI roam most towns and woods. Nowhere is safe! Also there is Bandit AI as well. Most people in the server work together to try and kill the military but there are still a small number of bandits. Its whitelisted as well so it stops hackers more than your average server.

It also has a story and custom missions. They are posted online on the forums where many people turn up in the same place to complete the mission that has been given. Custom missions can be requested on the forums from admins and you go and complete the mission given.

Simply put it awesome.

16. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Think I'm going to give this a go as soon as I get some leave. Is it still really hard to get into as a total noob?

17. Nealieboyee

Your best bet is to do the training in Arma 2 so that you can get used to the controls. Its a clunky system, but once you've got it down, you won't have to worry about pushing the wrong button during a firefight or with zombies chasing you. Adrock listed his private server IP above. Send one of us a pm and we'll give you the password. Its a great server to mess around on.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some tips.

Private Hives are better than the main hive servers. Better admins and some whitelisting available from various servers. Means less hackers. There is lots of running to find gear of any kind. Zombies can and will aggro from various ranges. Running everywhere isn't always advised.

Also I just watched this.

Not to be put off by DayZ. Explains a lot.

Myself/Telltale/Fluidic and others took a bunch of vehicles and a chopper from one location way up to an out of the way place. An hour or so later two guys appear out of no where and killed/banned us and took them back.

I believe there is an ability to make a player spawn at a location of an admins choosing. So they spawned near by and then killed us etc.

Knowing our exact location using admin controls.

19. Nealieboyee

That video made me throw up a bit in my mouth.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

In actual fact it explains why an admin that Fluidic killed the other week said yeah take my gear and hide my body I don't need to come get my stuff etc.

He could simple admin hack his gear again. Because it isn't abused on video, hell that Nick posted video regarding WarZ and an admin stating he was going to spawn gear in for his friends.