1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WOW:MOP release date

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 25 Jul 2012.

1. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

MOP doesn't sound that good tbh there is no real main boss oh yeah apart from the leader of the horde that you will have to kill

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Am I the only one that finds it quite funny that no one has written in this thread since launch? It's the same old stuff, rehashed and simplified for the casuals, what a shame that blizzard lost it's ability to innovate..

3. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Just an announcement, the free 10 day Mists of Pandaria trial is now available.

Log into your battle.net, click on WoW in your account and you'll see the button on the right.

4. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

I'm actually quite enjoying the expansion. The endless dailies are tiresome, but the raiding/mechanics were good while they lasted. It's not like TBC progression, where guilds would take months on bosses, but the difficulty has been decent in most cases- it's just a shame that after all the beta testing that so many bugs made it to live, when they'd all been reported to GMs.

Now progress is over, just an evening or two of farm per week and upgrading gear with VP for the next tier, oh and alts! (+ dailies :( )

If anyone fancies moving to play or trying playing again, I'm on The Maelstrom (EU) and I have my own guild, all profs maxed, and plenty of gold to help and bit-ers looking to make headway anywhere. Unfortunately I cannot promise an invite to my main guild as people may cry about social players getting all the luck on world bosses and LFR too much.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

To my ''ears'' this just seems to back-up what I said lol. It's the same old. :)

Thanks for the offer, unforuntately, I won't be needing it. :cooldude:

6. rollo

rollo Modder

WoW has been the same game since release, if you played to end of naxx on release ( as i and others did) the game has not changed as a raiding game since then. (3 weeks hardcore progression followed by 6months of other games)

Naxx 40man and Cthun were cockblocked for weeks to stop guilds killing them quicker, naxx due to the 4hm 6-8tank requirement and Cthun due to stupid dps requirements that no guild could hit.

TK and SSC had similar barriers. Hyjal and BT were the first instances without such things they were cleared in 2-3 weeks.

The difficulty if anything went up from naxx 40man. Sunwell was painful for example, the orginal Muru ( the live version) is a boss i dont wish to ever have to meet again grossly overtuned and huge requirements on both players and guild.

The real change on the difficulty was the no mistakes raiding that became heroic mode, Thats not such a bad thing in my oppinion. if you want the best gear learn to raid without mistakes. Wether normal mode is easy or not is totally irelivent as far as i was ever concerned. When i did play we only did normal 1 time in total.

As for dailies they are part and parcel of the MMO way there is not alot else a game can do to keep you locked playing it.

Cant say i currently play an MMO anymore nor would i ever really want to return to the genre at the moment, The genre went stale after the whole host of WoW clones.

star wars still has the best leveling experience as it tells a story.

7. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

Oh how I don't miss M'uru. I get all nostalgic about TBC sometimes as it was by far my favourite expansion, but I will never miss that boss. Agree that the difficulty went up, but the amount of testing/raiding/personal addon writing that higher end guilds do now, coupled with the experience of many of their raiders makes adapting to new bosses and tweaks in mechanics very easy. I'd really like to see how the current top end player base would react if vanilla hadn't been unearthed yet and was the next expansion, as much as people whine at others that didn't play it and "they don't really know what hard is" I unfortunately think it'd be steamrolled much quicker than current content, with time concessions made for gating or gearing up 8 tanks with 4set T3.

I have time to play other games, but still enjoy playing this the most. While WoW is full of morons and pathetic children, I occasionally head back to FPS games for a quick blast online, and quickly remember why I left them, it's at least ten times worse than MMO players will ever be in terms of attitude.

By the by, I wasn't *really* trying to tempt anyone back into WoW, it's a stupidly addictive game and I can only imagine how many weeks if not years of my life I'd have back if I didn't play! That said, I make it work with my lifestyle and I don't regret playing in the slightest!

8. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Never played WOW before, but my buddy sent me an invite with the triple xp bonus. Went from LVL 1-80 in about 35 hrs :)

Am at LVL 84 atm as it's slowed down a bit, but am quite enjoying the content. From what I hear MOP is a great expansion....it just came about 4 years too late. I think many people were a bit put off by Cateclysm.

9. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

The XP requirement for 82-85 was cut in half (iirc) near the end of Cata, but the jump up to MoP is pretty big so buckle in for that! The quests in the final zone give close to 1/4 mil XP each, but you need ~28mil from the top of my head to level. It's not so bad, but only level with rested!

I guess after Wrath being so easy for entry level content (could do the entire first tier barring S3D with level 70 gear) Cata was a wake up call for many, the heroics were a lot tougher, and the first tier bosses presented some challenge for many, even on normal mode. Blizz also introduced "casual friendly" 10man, which resulted in the old 10vs25 difficulty debate, which they didn't manage to solve all expansion and still haven't now. Having done both, the balancing is just a step too far for them (shouldn't be, though) and some are harder on 10, some harder on 25.

I'm just sad because I'm playing mage and they nerfed fire already :( I expected it at the end of the tier, but not already!

10. omgdec

omgdec Minimodder

I have been playing WoW on and off since BC was released but I think I have renewed my subscription for the last time this month.

The game just isn't rewarding anymore and doesn't feel to be worth the time investment. It certainly feels to have lost some of its majesty and character as a whole.

11. B_HERB

Am quite enjoying the MOP expansion, much to my pleasant surprise. I'm sitting at lvl 87 and am loving the main storyline as well as the side quests. Most of the quest objectives are still the same (go collect 8 trinkets, kill 15 enemies, kill this guy, etc.), but the stories behind them and characters are keeping me engaged. All the new gear looks awesome too. I'll admit I'm a bit of a sucker for the Asian themes but I'm very impressed with how my ret paly looks in her new samauri-themed armor:) The best change implemented in MOP so far is that any gear received from questing is now tailored to whatever your spec is.....so you actually get gear that is useful each time. NOTE: you can change your spec right before turning in the quest if you're trying to get some gear for your off-spec.

If anyone has the opportunity, recruit a friend and get the triple xp bonus. Some benefits:

-Absolutely blast your way to level 80....I'm a noob and it took my buddy and I ~35 hours

-For every level I gained, I was granted an ability to raise my buddy's level by 1 on any of his toons so long as his level was below mine (up to level 80). Thanks to me my friend now has 8 toons at level 80 or higher lol.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

quit my raiding position and tbh think i might just be etting my suvbs lapse - work currently is taking over so not time to do anything :(

13. B_HERB

I hear ya. I don't plan on doing much raiding with this game.....work and filling out apps to get into an MBA program are currently taking precedence. My current guild (not really a guild... just a close-knit group of about 10 friends) is done with SWTOR and WOW and I think we'll be picking up again next year when Elder Scrolls Online comes out.