1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Automatic *Rifle at Wallmart? WTH

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 17 Dec 2012.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

GUNS LIKE THIS:

[​IMG]

ARE NOT SOLD AT WALMART

normal collectors can't own fully automatic military weapons

EDIT: they can, depending on the state, but they cost huge amounts of money

in illinois you can't

but nobody can buy these from walmart

Last edited: 19 Dec 2012
  2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

What about these ones?
    [​IMG]

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You can get those at the corner shop.

Side note: I think some people have been ruined by Television and Film. Notable scenes include just about any zombie film, and the one that springs to mind is Commando.

The hero runs into a gun shop and steals several automatic rifles and a light machine gun (or two), despite them not likely to be for sale in that state (IE: Either automatic, or working). Not to mention a M202A1 FLASH

4. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Yep I know that, and it should be possible with my rifle as well, however I have a scope attached so there is no room for the strip on top :D

But again with a strip or clip as in the M1 you are still only loading between five and ten rounds at a time

Not sure where you get that comparison, while you can get a .22lr of the same weight as a 223 it is of different shape and while a 22lr has a max weight of 3 grams a 223 can go up to 4-5 grams, in the world of bullets that is a world in difference.

You can compare the military 55,6x45 Nato and the 223 as the bullet part of those two are the same. And no the military fires a 55,6X45 and not a .223.
    And before anyone complains yes there are several differences between the two amongst other things the length of the neck and the thickness of the brass.

5. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

The only thing they respect is the so-called 'almighty dollar'....

6. docodine

@jrduquemin

[​IMG]

7. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Is this a guessing game or something?

8. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I believe it means get off your High Horse.

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Either that or he's a Trojan and should now board.

10. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

My high horse? I suppose you think it's still ok for Walmart to advertise assault rifles after the massacre and Sandy Hook then do you?

11. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Well one I was responding to the question you posed. 2 I don't think a company should change what it sells or advertises just because some ass hole goes off the deep end. You didn't see car manufactures stop making cars when some one decides to run over a bunch of cyclist do you? Same thing really, yes I do agree with you the incident was very sick and tragic that is not the issue though.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The NRA takes money to encourage and support the ownership of fire arms. They are in it as deep as the manufacturers.

Also, in America in 2007 there were 31,224 deaths caused by fire arms, that's three (and a half) every hour.

That does not reflect well on the intelligence or mental stability of gun owners in the united states.

So yes, I am calling them idiots, three families an hour support my assertion.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Alright, I'll clarify a bit.

As things stand, the system allows idiots to buy guns. In this case idiots being people with little or no grasp of the consequences and responsibility attached to the very specific and powerful tool they are purchasing.

They have little or no safety training, almost certainly no self defence or combat training and no grasp of what they're doing beyond that having a gun makes them feel safer (or is fun to take to a range). Everything from storage to their handling of ammunition will be inadequate.

In short they have no clue what they're doing, because of that a lot of people get hurt.

As long as things stay the same, idiots will still be allowed to buy guns. A couple of forms is not enough to decide if someone's safe with such a destructive tool.

14. docodine

Yup, I don't see any problem with it

They did pull certain guns from their store, IIRC Bushmaster AR-15s, which were mentioned on the news related to the shooting. They still sell every other brand of AR-15 though :lol:

Do you think all car dealerships should close every time someone gets run over?

Should a drug company cease production if someone ODs on their product?

15. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Two points:
    1) The situation in the UK is a bit different as we don't have any wildlife that requires more than big stick to defend against. People who, eg, live in Alaska where they might have a polar bear wander up to their house, have slightly different needs for home defence.

2) If you feel you need a gun to potentially defend yourself from your government, well, lets just say you must live somewhere I wouldn't feel like living.

16. docodine

You left out robbers

17. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

No, cars are designed to transport people from A-B. Running someone over is not the primary function of the car.

No, those drugs are designed to treat a medical problem, someone OD'ing is not the designed function of the product.

A gun on the other hand, is designed primarily to kill something from the start.

I can understand the need to own a gun in some of the very isolated areas of the US where the nearest other person is many miles away, but some of the weapons that are for sale now are just too extreme.

In the UK if someone broke into my house and I disturbed them, they are more likely to run away than shoot me. Possessions are easily replaced a life isn't. I like it this way.

18. docodine

People buy guns to either protect themselves or for sport, going on a killing spree is something that is possible with a gun, but that's not what it's sold for.

Cars are great for transport, but I can run over many people with my car

Tylenol is a nice product, but take 20 and you'll be seeing the pearly gates once you wake up

Too extreme? I believe that everyone should drive Corollas and nothing else, they're practical and reliable. Ferraris and unsafe and should be banned.

If someone broke into my house and I disturbed them, there's always the chance that they'll freak out and cause me or my family harm, there's no way of knowing what's going through the mind of a robber. If I catch someone as they're running out my door with a TV in their arms, they're obviously not going to be doing me much harm.. But if they're caught walking in, who can know what might happen.

Also yes, in some states it's possible to just go to a store and buy a machine gun. It'll also probably cost more than a new car, putting it out of the price range of pretty much everyone

I don't see any problem with owning an AR-15

Last edited: 19 Dec 2012
  19. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

That's not a particularly good analogy as guns are inherently designed to end life and kill stuff

20. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

On topic subject on Sci-Show today