1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Time to get a proper monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lp rob1, 15 Sep 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The panel is made by LG, but the: circuitry, features (inputs, on screen menu, etc), calibration and default settings, casing and stand are all made by Dell.
    This is why I am not too exited by the these eBay Korean screens. It might use LG panels... but it's just the panel.. the rest is non existent (panel directly connected to a DVI port, which explains why people can "overclock" (optical illusion) the monitor, and monitor compatibility issues with graphic cards), and those who have a circuit. Based on internal pictures I found on the interwebs, it looks like piss poor design, and components quality. Hence their low price.

Not really. Professional's buy professional targeted monitors, these monitor comes pack with near 0 back light bleeding, uniform back light. If it uses white LED's, the highest quality LEDs are used and phosphor coating is also applied to them to adjust their color and other fancy stuff. A 24inch monitor goes easily starts at ~1000$, and goes up from there.

See the U2410 as more aimed at people that really loves colors. They don't care about pin point color accuracy. Somewhat close colors is good enough, but wants really the best colors. In my opinion, it offers an experience very close (in terms of image color output) from a good CRT monitor back in the old days. There is a visible difference between the U2412M and U2410.
    The question comes down to: are the added features, inputs and difference in image output worth the premium to you or not.

2. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I some times hear people talk about discounts or cash back options, any clue where I can look for those?

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

In Canada and U.S, you can call Dell, and negotiate a price :)
    When I got my U2410, the monitor was 750$,... I paid 500$.

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I got the U2711 and at the start was worried about the AG but just had to get used to not sitting so close (wear glasses and come from a 23"). After a week I do not notice it at all and even with direct light on the screen I can read any text.

BF3 Works fine with 1 580 (above 30 FPS) and HABO off as reflection are very realistic with this monitor!

5. Ron-ski

Ron-ski What's a Dremel?

Unboxing and setting up my Dell 2713HM with an Ergotron MX arm

I've posted my setup and thoughts here