1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics XFX R7950 temparetures

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swanny, 23 Dec 2012.

1. Swanny

Swanny What's a Dremel?

Hi all

Finished building my first gaming PC (previous post)

After running the system for a few days i am starting to worry slightly about my graphics card.

Room temp = 18c

At idle = 38c

under load = peaking at 76c (this is playing farcry3 on max setting and planetside 2 on medium)

i have 4 extra fans in the case, the Graphics card has 3 inches of unobstructed space for 50% of the card and 6 inches for the other 50% (cooling fans are on underside of card) i have 4 extra fans in the case, and have positioned 1 of the 120mm fans to blow ambient air from outside the case across the top of the card.

Would you say this is normal, or am i running hot?

Card is NOT the black addition so is 800M and have not been overclocked it is all standard.

many thanks

noobular swanny

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Sounds perfectly fine to me, all Gpus can take 100c np long term the old nvidia 480 basically ran at 90c+.

What fan speed is graphics card at as you could always increase it slightly. I'd expect 50-60% min during winter probably 75-80 in summer.

Main issue with AMD cards this gen is heat and noise unlike nvidia they are kinda reversed from old 4 series days.

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

So far on air I've only seen 59c on my 7950. But still 76c, you'll be alright. Not sure what ambient temps are in me office though.