1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. RCCossie

RCCossie What's a Dremel?

Just bought BF3 and installed it. It updated with about 7gb of data.

Just wondering if i should be installing another patch or is it ready go ?

2. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

really need to start playing this on PC again, though i fear i may be too far behind now!

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Rank means diddly squat good sir :) I've had my ass handed to me by many players far below rank 40. Having the kit and hours helps, but doesn't mean you're invincible ;)

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

True, but given the choice, would you face off against three players on starting kit, or three players with all the gadgets and silenced P-90s?

5. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

It says something that the most heavily used weapon, the M16A3, is a starting weapon. Ofcourse unlocking a few other guns and attachments never hurts.

It's just one of the issues that comes with the unlock progression system that most FPS games now use, you've got to play a certain amount to keep up. I really do enjoy the times when a game is just released though and everyone's starting on an even playing field, before everyone knows the maps and has got the mechanics worked out.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

True, my go to Assault weapon is M16A3, Foregrip, Holo, Silencer. Says something about me really, Try Harding as ever.

And you dont want to be on the wrong end of my PKP Pechenege. 10k kills and counting.

7. October

October Mariachi Style

Quick question, how might one achieve 826% accuracy...? As in on a single battle report!

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

No idea, I assume that every bullet you fire hits a target. That is it really.

Oh and the question of hacks, I just got accused of auto aim botting. Spray of M16A3 killed tow guys as I jump/turn past them.

I hit the record button after the fact. :doh:

9. October

October Mariachi Style

Surely that would lead to 100% accuracy...

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am not sure how the accuracy is worked out, so I couldn't tell you why it might come up as 800%.

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I've explained this multiple times in this thread but the short of it is that you can a) hit multiple people with a shotgun at a time and b) you can hit multiple people with a sniper bullet also. I'm not sure if 'nades count towards it but obviously, multiple hits/kills/tags are possible.

Damn I miss playing this game and funnily enough, I'd like nothing better than some Metro with my MP7 hip-fire beast.. :lol:

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Digi is quite correct about this. Again.

Over 100% accuracy from your ammo doing damage to more than one opponent in one go, particularly when firing buckshot into a crowded area.

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

So we are saying every round that player fired hit 8 people :O

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Listen mate half the time I have no idea what I'm saying but, yes, that certainly is a chin stroking ponderance.

15. Digi

This is certainly not out of the question on 64 player metro, I've had 5+ nade kills in one go and killed 18 people in 25 seconds when they all get bunched up. Even normal rounds have some kind of pass through, so it's possible to hit multiple people, every shot. Not to mention, if he only hits 8 people then leaves, that will preserve the accuracy at such a high number.

Special ammo makes this even more of a possibilty. Frag rounds in a shotgun firing in to a group of 10 people on B stairs or getting double or triple kills with one M98B shot. This is especially easy to do on Hardcore where the damage after pass-through is still lethal in some cases.

16. October

October Mariachi Style

Thank you for explaining that to me, I apologise for not having read all 12000 posts in this thread it was remiss of me, I did try to keep up for a while but you know how it is...

17. Digi

Haha, not expected in the slightest mate, it's just funny that it comes up so often. Glad we got it cleared up.. :)

18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

First time playing BF3 after 9-10 months of no FPS games really makes for an interesting time. I was so out of the loop, I thought I broke my game when playing Scavenger with Jester and found myself with only a pistol available. Had a moment of completely freaking out until Jester confirmed it was the game mode. :duh:

Too much time away seems to have killed my ability to function properly, I think I'll have to spend a session or two playing on something simple like Caspian Border to relearn the controls and how each weapon works.
    :D I spent a good few minutes in one round mashing every key on my keyboard trying to remember where the knife button was.

I will re-install Mumble and fish out my headphones & microphone when I hop online tomorrow. Then others can moan at me while I re-learn how to play.

Is the CPC server still active or has it been abandoned?

19. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Jester bnb??

on mi phone

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

For those asking about accuracy..