1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Motion blur is just bad, but generally I've grown to not like the lighting theme anyway, so it always looks bad, so might as well get 120fps.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye i should give it a proper look now i've started again. Tbh i wonder what other things hog resources that i could happily live without so i'll hunt down your suggestion jes.

I also have to hunt down some CQ maps as i've not tried any yet although my search results always seem kind od random. AM has a couple of interesting maps and i've had a bit of fun driving the quad bike around getting to know AK maps, hopping off to take out helis with stingers (which seem to have been buffed/improved in the last 6 months) :)

3. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Close Quarters maps are alright for a bit of fast action and can be a lot of fun, but the way the maps are designed means it's pretty much a cluster**** every time. There's just too many angles to cover in most places. On the other hand I think the Aftermath maps are much better in regards to getting some good close combat action, it's probably my favourite map pack.

Armored kill can be fun if you like jumping in a vehicle but something about it just seems off, the pace and balance means that not many people play it.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yeah I played the AK maps with you guys and told an EA community guy at EuroGamer that error didn't like them. I was with several Bit Tech and Aria guys.

He was kind of shocked that ee didn't like them.

Close Quarters can be fun and we have had some fun just messing about. Hide and Seek anyone xD

Aftermath has been my favourite dlc after the original maps and B2K.

Though I do miss the BC2 maps.

5. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

I love the AK maps so long as I have a good heli pilot because im love gunning in the heavy helis and in a scout heli with the blow tourch and an rpg can be fun.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Once they fixed the points for repairing the little bird more players did it. I used to do it when CPC guys where flying.

Helps the squad kick back side. I tried to rpg tanks and enemy little bird but my aim was off. Need more practice.

Have spent very little time as Engineer.

Purely support player or Try Harding with M16A3.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have noticed on a couple of maps on ak and am can end up being tedious though if they end up in a cluster fk on the enemy base by knobs. They suffer a bit like the canals map does sometimes.

Mind you that's on pub servers with people not understanding what teamwork is just as much it is the fault of the maps per se.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yeah, just look at how bad Op Metro can be. With a good squad or squads you cab flank and push past B. But most players will sit at the point.

I have had some awesome fun with the guys, going all MLG and beating back a team as they base rape.

9. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

AK is bad because all the points spawn Tank Destroyers, so what is normally a precarious balance turns one-sided when a couple of dudes can keep one of the far off TD's alive for some time, denying the opposition of that powerful resource.

10. legendzarr

legendzarr What's a Dremel?

building my pc just to play this, cant wait

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Good choice :thumb:

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Help!!

Is there a reason mumble does not show in the overlay in BF3? am i doing something wrong? i have the latest version!

Cheers for any info

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes, Mumble Overlay is not compatible with DX11 games.

14. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Teamspeaks plugin however, works just fine :thumb:

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've got the Mumble overlay working in BF3.
    I'll find out what version I'm running and let you know when I get home this evening, I'll also take screen-caps of my overlay settings.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have it turned off my end as it funks with Arma.

And for the most part I do not need it, though new people please forgive me if I get your name wrong etc.

TeamSpeak is ok, but our voip is Mumble based.

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks guys,

Hoping suenstar can come to the rescue

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Double post sorry

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Ok, the version I'm using is one of the community released Beta versions:

"Mumble-installer-nyet-beta-2012-11-28a.msi"

Which I grabbed here:
    https://github.com/nyetwurk/mumble/downloads

With that version, the chat box on the left always says there's a new version to download when I launch Mumble but I just ignore it.

After launching Mumble, in the Overlay page I go into the whitelist section and added the games I plan on using it with:
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9779/overlaypt1.png

Just to be safe, I added Origin as well as BF3 in case EA were doing something strange with the two talking.

After that on the overlay's layout tab, I right clicked the image it showed for the users and told it to show all the people in the current Mumble channel.
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9237/overlaypt2.png

If that doesn't work, there's an option in the overlay section to save and load settings so I could save and upload my overlay settings file to try.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2013
  20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks mate :thumb: