1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. Tigernos

Tigernos Resident Roman Soldier

EVE can sometimes be a lesson in human nature. Generally speaking if people want to screw one another over they WILL. To be honest that's what I like in EVE. The laughs of descending upon unsuspecting targets in large numbers (we ransom) or even the heart in mouth moments where a large gang chases you around a bit

2. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I honestly dont get what you mean.

3. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Well, I bit the bullet and have signed on properly

I was on a trial version a few months ago, but couldn't quite get the hang of it (plus the tutorial quests where broken/bugged).

Will be giving this another try, so be prepared for a bombardment of questions, Tigs

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

So I joined my first player corp today....And came back to this thread to see if I missed any activity since eve swallowed up all of my free time. Then I read this:

That sounds really familiar! I wonder if...

Yup, guess where I ended up :p

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Just reactivated my old account for a bit of a razzy. New face created (it's been a while) and skill points from "learning" redistributed mostly, 62mil sp rocking on.

For some unknown reason I found myself in a drake in the middle of Caldari space! Then I remembered that I escrowed a load of kit from an alt and was fetching it.

Gotta buy myself a freighter again and after that think about making use of that Capital Ships 5 skill.

6. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

You playing again?

"griefing" is very much part of the game. Taking a little frigate and killing a noob in a 300mil mining ship on his own is soo much fun! He learns the lesson. Look at the old infod vids for some griefing, those were the days.....

7. Tigernos

You are more than welcome to question me, I'm no expert in some areas (industrialist things and mining) but if you want pvp/combat help I can do that.

8. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Ahh infod, flew with them back in the days. Great fun, good bunch of guys.

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Since the drone region change to bounties- the mineral markets have been rising pretty quick- trit is 7 isk a unit, it used to be 1-3 at most.

Though if hulkageddon continues those cheap ships are going to get alot more expensive- hopefully the mining changes this winter will make mining more profitable and surviable.

10. Tigernos

They're going to ramp up mining barge HP so they're not quite as stupidly gankable as they are currently. I'm not sure if they will be increasing yields though as a properly skilled Hulk pilot can make millions quickly.

They will also be changing some of the skill requirements and purposes as everyone tends to ignore all the Barges and go straight to Hulk.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The changes are quite interesting, how their giving each mining ship a certain role which is good to see, the hp buffs will help alot but ganks will still happen just have to use a larger ship.

Though eventually ccp will get round to the full industrial expansion for the game.

12. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

It's so amazing. Eve does some things that a lot of people dreamt would happen back in the 90's when MMO's were first invented. I remember reading about the upcoming Everquest and imagining all the crazy social interactions that could happen. Some people would become infamous bad guys, true villains, and some would be true heroes and fight for what's right, some guilds would be honourable and some would be corrupt and devious. In other words, it would mirror real life but in a more intense way. Sadly in reality, it turned out to be nothing more a game about XP and loot... but it was a good start at least.

What really upsets me though is that since then, the genre never grew up. All we have now is an entire genre full of sterile, child proofed World of Warcraft clones. But Eve sits out there by itself as something a bit different. Mad props Eve.

13. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

Have just returned and loving it again, will be looking for some wormhole action hopefully as never been to one before!

14. Tigernos

well..... our alliance has been forced out of our home wormhole system. I've taken my combat character out of the corp but am leaving my mining alt in.

For anyone who fancies becoming a good old fashioned pirate look up "Inquisition of Jesters" it's my own corp, we have moved into a low sec pocket with some friends of mine and have been blowing up poor unsuspecting people ever since.

My Killboard

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

aaaaaaa battleclinic is awful.

Also are you messing about in aridia?

16. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I'm CEO of a WH Corp at the moment. We're part of a much larger WH alliance. We currently live in a C2 with a couple other alliance corps and we have about 10 people over 20 or so toons in the corp.
    Currently rounding off the gunnery support skills to level 5 so I can fly my Legion as best I can before I bother with more ships. Next ship I want to get into though is either a Curse or a Zealot. I quite like the Curse since it's essential a mini Bhaalgorn without being such a lossmail waiting.

17. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I just logged back in after 1 year 8 months out od the game. Found my char in a noob corp in deep Pure Blind player owned station lol.

Managed to get out safely but its going to take a while to familiarise myself again with the game

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

FYI you can normally petition that, I assume you were part of a null sec corp, if you petition a GM can move you and all ur stuff back to HS/LS as required. I had to do that once.

19. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

+1 I've heard people doing that in the past. One of my corp mates was in an Archon but he couldn't be bothered waiting so we cyno'd it to stations so he could dock up straight away and repeat.

Currently doing lots of frigates sizes stuff, black-ops roams etc.

The black-ops Battleship we were using to Cyno a bomber fleet in managed to jump himself once and leave us behind. Many funs were had. Luckily he had a spare Widow to bring :thumb:

20. monkiboi

monkiboi Minimodder

I've known a couple of titan pilots jump instead of bridge. TS is always a riot when that happens.