1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER - back to work on this baby

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 1 Jan 2013.

1. Strudul

Strudul ~

Black / Orange themes are awesome :rock:

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I completely agree :rock: :thumb:

3. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Out of interest who made those grills for you as I have looking for something very close to that but don't have the skills to make something of that quality :)

4. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

You know just when i think that the TJ07 mods have all been done another one comes along like this and looks as epic and fresh as when the case first came out and modders took to it. Love the black and orange theme and attention to detail.

What colour coolant is going in???

+rep

Last edited: 18 Jan 2013
  5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

www.coldzero.eu
    I designed them and Ricardo made them into CAT and laser cut them. He did an ace job. He is an ace guy btw.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I will be using orange coolant. The inside of the case will be mostly black so it will be one of the orange details in there. 99% sure Mayhems coolant. I have contact with Mike, he promissed me he'd get an orange to match it exactly. He is also such an amazing guy. Amazing customer service.

6. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

I (like you) absolutely love that CPU block. The black copper and plexi look so good together.

Also, while I typically do not care much for black/orange color schemes so far this is looking pretty awesome. Especially the hex orange plexi with black metal rad covers... those are gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to what comes next!

Also, cute looking kid you have there mate!

Last edited: 17 Jan 2013
  7. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much! So far I am extremely happy with how the combination is turning out. I will just try stuff and see if it works well or not. Not putting stuff in there just because I got it. It has to serve its purpose in the colour combination.

Yeah she is my oldest. She is now 3 months from turning 4. She is a real diva in her acting :D so she sometimes makes daddy go :wallbash:

-------------------------------------------------------

Goog news for people that are interested in the Gigabyte goodie bag. Bernice from Gigabyte wanted to up the bag some more so she added a XL polo shirt to the combination. This will be added to the current package which will now consist of:

A HUGE mousepad, a pen, a towel, a lanyard, a note booklet, a soccesball to hold things like businesscards, a Gigabyte polo shirt size XL and some random material. I will throw in some extra stuff I have in my house like stickers, poster, etc.

So far the members eligable for the package are:

1. Saxovtsmike
    2. tp148
    3. The_Crapman
    4. Votick
    5. dreps
    6. Pranja
    7. matiss
    8. goldstar0011
    9. xTatic
    10. kelvinb
    11. Ripitup121
    12. sixfootsideburns

So we're about halfway :) Another 13 posters will be added to the drawing (after they replied to this thread).

btw the shirt they added looks like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Psyance

Psyance What's a Dremel?

It might be expensive, but it's just soooo pretty :D would be great with a full board waterblock on it :jawdrop:
    Really enjoying the build and looking forward to your next update!

Last edited: 17 Jan 2013
  9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks for your comment :thumb:

Well there is a fullcover waterblock for it. But it will take away some of the orange accents I really like. And from other users I have heard there is no need for a waterblock. So for now I will do with the very pretty stock heatsinks. Perhaps one day I will go and add the XSPC waterblock.

10. iSw3de

iSw3de What's a Dremel?

Hey my friend, sure you recognize me :p
    I dunno how i just missed your thread here on bit-tech!
    Just keep up the work! As you may now I also got that CPU block and its just stunning :D

// Lucas

11. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Hey Lucas, of course I recognised you ;)

Thanks for the comment, still following your project with every update mate :)

12. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I have never used one of these before and I have always been interested in them. I mean they're not very cheap and some people claim them not to work at all. Yet all the pro players have them or even endorse them. I got in contact with one of the marketing employees of Gunnar and explained him about this project. He was very positive and offered me one of their glasses for the project (and added a shirt to give away to a viewer of one of my buildlogs). I can give them a try and see how they work for me. I have to say they already have a big + in the looks department. I think they look very stylish. Since this hardware will be powerfull enough to do some serious gaming I will use the glasses when trying to do some benching and when playing a hardware eating game to see how it performs :rock:
    And of course with general computerwork. I have a job that requires a lot of screen time and I game as a hobby so their glasses should be very worthwhile for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot Nate and Kathy for this sponsoring :clap:
    I will be sure to use them a lot :thumb:

[​IMG]

dark_avenger likes this.
  13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Looking good :thumb:

14. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I am so jealous of this project! Love the design and the gear! :)

15. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

This build looks sooo sweet! You got so much eye for detail, which I really love! Can't wait for the next update!

16. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

Nice project! Great job.

17. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Awesome build so far, really love the black on orange grills.

Rep'd and Sub'd

18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you :)

Thank you very much, means a lot!

Thanks a lot Ian :clap:

Thanks !

Thank you my good sir. Hope you will enjoy the entire log. :thumb:

19. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

oo Congrats on the Gunner glasses Tim! I wish I didn't have to wear regular ones so i could get a pair :( have a feeling prescription gunners might costs a small fortune lol

20. Rrruby

Rrruby What's a Dremel?

If that wasn't the motherboard you planning to go with your black/orange build, which one were you going for? Seems the perfect accompaniment for the other hardware! Loving the grills too. Can't wait to see it finished!