1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

And the beta of Operation Arrowhead, and DayZ Commander to make it easy to configure ready to launch. Btw, I had to uncheck "Launch through Steam" to get it working correctly, after a reinstall of the beta files with DZC.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I am using Combined Ops but previously used a retail OA and Arma 2 free.

I have been able to launch via Steam with no problems.

3. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Yep I have them both, going to try the commander program seems like a lot of work to get it up and running. Hope its worth it :)

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

As long as you have them them both installed and have ran them once, DayZ Commander will do the rest, including patching Arma 2 to the latest version, you don't need to install the OA Beta.

And yes, it's worth it!

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It isn't to be honest as long as both installed then run DayZ Commander install all mods, and play whatever server you find.

The biggest thing to get over is the loss of good gear, which is annoying if you haven't long had it.

Most of the big mods are available now. I say mods I mean maps, and DayZ+ which is a modded version of the original DayZ.

6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

be sure to install DayZ+ if your going on the ZiiP server, its just a better version of DayZ.

Im on that server a lot as im part of ZiiP, there is a TS3 server if your interested?

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Or the Bit Tech Mumble also, also Otis if you Ziip guys ever want to team up against rival squads we are available to do that too. Either on TS or Mumble xD

8. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

Calling bs on the fact our well hidden spread out base very spread out has been looted in just a day, and you guys have managed to find all of the good stuff?

Wont be playing on if your just going to abuse the admin control panel.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

If you're claiming that we abuse any kind of admin controls on the ZiiP server, I'd at least appreciate something to back up the claim.

10. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

the back up is in said post...

we find it very hard to believe you have managed to find a lot of separate vehicles bases and tents spread out and very hidden in a day, after your base was looted on versesnik.

The odds are ridiculous to say the least, esp in that time frame.

If your not doing something iffy, someone did.

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

No ZiiP player has found your "base"... it would of been a pub.
    Iv been on a lot in the past two days and not noticed any hacking or anything of that kind in that time.
    There are sometimes quite a lot of players on the server, and if you had it wide spread it would of made it easier to find.

If i find a car in the middle of the forest ill go looking for other stuff around the area, as this is an indication there mite be tents or more cars/bikes....

Accept you got rumbled.
    Rule one of DayZ: Dont get attached to your kit!

12. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Ahem. I'd say its more down to luck. My hardcore squad does just that, search and destroy bases leaving people without a home. Some say we use hacks, others hate us etc. Its just simple gear up, find a car (or kill occupants), gear up some more and take a peek in obvious spots.

Lets just say that a camp within 3kms of north border and 2km of west border are bad places. Chernarus has thousands great places where you can plop a tent and no one will ever find it except with extreme luck.

Btw, my squad is planning a visit later this week.

Edit:

What he said. I don't give a **** when I lose all of my stuff. Its relatively easy to get back.

13. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

your missing the point that it was in the space of a day and was in different locations at other sides of the map, wide spread would not make it easier to find all of it..

don't dictate rules to me either, i don't care about the stuff we had barely anything just cars, it's the extreme luck it takes to find it all in that time frame that rings alarm bells.

Telltale don't apologize for me thanks :)

You can also get the tool that shows a player and where he has been from that you can shed light on this amazing feat and prove me wrong.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Fluidic, the rule about gear is unwriten its what I said a few posts ago.

I know the one base was out of the way and the tool you are talking about is admin panel side. And only works if players are on the server.

15. [ZiiP] DarkJester

[ZiiP] DarkJester What's a Dremel?

Hello.

As owner, founder and general dogs-body of ZiiP and one of two people with command of the admin tools for the Dayz server I can categorically and formally state that we have not used an admin control in the backend of the server to gain an advantage for our own means.

Evidence why I can state this? Because frankly I have products to list, pre-orders to handle, VAT returns to fill in, phone calls from customers to deal with and distribution meetings with supplier along a whole host of other things to deal with through most hours of my day. When I can finally have a blast at a game, it's for fun - I don't give a damn about "winning" at a game like Dayz+. I just play it. As does the rest of ZiiP.

I will apologise however, as I haven't been around as much recently to monitor server restarts and such - I'll try and get on top of that this week.

If you think I would spend my time and money trying to make a community along with trying to promote a fun and friendly server that I frankly want everyone to come back to and use regulary by then ruining it by abusing the admin controls... well, you don't know me. Actually, I can appreciate that you don't know me - because I don't post here much.

So - long and short of it - there is nothing dodgy going on. I know that sadly there are hacks out there that can teleport vehicles and do other annoying things... I've been on the end of such things myself. But... well... you just have to deal with it.

Thanks to everyone who is on our server - Nice to see some familar and regular faces.

If you need me, PM me on our forums.

Jester
    ZiiP Director

N17 dizzi, RevDarny and [ZiiP] NaloaC like this.
  16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Here here.

I didn't think there was anything dodgy going on. Fluidics time of the month you see.

I will be back stealing yo cars and being shot in the face.

17. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

had a truck and a motorbike today.... crashed both of them within 10 minutes! D:

Boyaka or what ever his name is has just been permbanned, sorry to the bit-tech'ers who get killed by him.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2013
  18. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Had my first go last night at DayZ and the Ziip server, did have some fun in the dark. Couldnt find anything and mostly seemed to go on a big hike (Sure im missing a trick here). Will stay with it im sure the more I get a handle on things the more fun I will have

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

One massive advantage it incurs is that you have the cover of darkness, so zeds can barely see you, even up close. It's the noise that will give you away. Your torch does not attract them. You can stand almost directly beside them and shine the torch in their face and they won't notice.

Survivors will see it a mile away, so it's a risk/gain balance.

I used the cover of dark to raid some busy places that were of decent value. I'm still new to this, so I don't know how cautious I really need to be about zeds, so I'm playing it extra careful for now :)

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

kelvinb, just before and after it goes pitch black is the best time to raid high value areas like airfields. When its pitch black, like NaloaC said, you have to take the risk with the flash light and hope no one is close to your area... this is where the military flash light comes in handy! It is about a quarter of the noticeable distance to other survives compared to the normal light making it ideal for looting areas at night with!