1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

from a Moderator of the in game chat

Kacsa1 (20:54:38) dreake it's a DDos attack, massive organized spam

the numbers have plummeted online from 150~ K down to just 14~K at last count

ive somehow managed to keep my connection active...so im trying to stay informed lol

2. dmarook

dmarook What's a Dremel?

Working again now.

3. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

I got this in my M5 Stuart. Was really annoying, because it was easily my best game in that tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Quite proud of this :rock:

5. Risky

Risky Modder

How did you do it? Kills? Crew % Gold?

Last edited: 20 Jan 2013
  6. Lance

Stock. Was my 2nd battle in it (the first got me 12xp :()

And it was 4 kills, 500 damage I think. All AP rounds.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

Impressive as that sort of XP in the T1 took me six or seven kills and a fully upgraded tank with a crew closing 100%.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

Noobmeter.com is now doinf sig images as well:

[​IMG]

9. Lance

Argh.

A mutual friend on FB just said hes the "only person in the UK that can play WOT" and then said "All my high tiers are premiums.... haters gun hate".

:wallbash::wallbash::duh:

10. Risky

Risky Modder

One of my rules is that I cannot have premiums of higher tier than my highest normal tank.

Furthermore the low-tier premiums tend to be cheap and "interesting" tanks like the Locust or T2LT or even the TOG-II*. The tier VIII premiums are all about credit earning which is a different motivation.

11. Lance

Also looking at that noobmeter thing properly it REALLY punishes scouts.

It gives me hardly anything for my spot damages, which is where I gain most of my points. Its just cruel.

So I don't cap or damage? Its not like survivalist style scouting does anything for the team....

12. Risky

Risky Modder

I agree, I'm not a fan of his rating but I like the site. I can quickly look at "yesterdays results" to see my eight-defeat M4 disaster.........

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Very sensible way to play, I too didn't get a Type 59 until I had reached a 'proper' tier 8 (Tiger II).

If you did want a good credit earner that wasn't too high a tier then the SU-122-44 tank destroyer is fantastic, if you have a good match it can really rake the credits in. Yesterday I got a profit of 89k and yet only had 4 kills, it's the same gun as KV-1s but fo reason seems more accurate and faster loading.....which is nice.

14. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm not in a rush, the credits are coming in OK with the Tier 5s as you can get >10 on a loss M7 if you get a good few shots in. Anything decent with the Wolverine earns much better.

I currently near 1.6m silver and enough XP to unlock one of the Tier 6 TDs from the Wolverine and one of the Meds from the 4, but I think I'll wait and see what comes up on a discount over the next couple of weeks. I also want a reserve to buy some equipment when it comes up.

15. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I played this morning and saw this guy ricbro85 he played so badly I looked up his stats. I couldn't believe anybody had so many games could play so bad so I googled him and came up with this.
    http://www.playerauctions.com/offer/myfeedbacklist/?username=ricbro85&page=2
    Looks like he bought the account and paid to have it levelled up. I didnt know these sites existed. Ticket sent to WOT.

By the way Noobmeter hasnt updated for a few days for me. Anyone else having problems?

[​IMG]

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Hellcat, Hellcat, Hellcat, for the love of all that is good and pure in this world HELLCAT! :lol: It's pure awesomeness and, from my experience at least, the turreted USA TD's are much more versatile. Obviously this is personal preference but if you've enjoyed the Wolverine then you'll be used to the turret and a T25AT and T28 later on might be less fun for your style.

Just some thoughts. :)

(Obviously if you jump trees at the Jackson then thats all good too :) )

17. Risky

Risky Modder

I will be getting both of course. I'm actually waiting to see if any discounts show up. I see the Hellcat is an exception to the rule that the light line TD has a lesser gun. I need to master the T49 before taking on the hellcat, I suspect.

Meantime, after last nights bad run in the M4 I'm trying out a new rule. Start at the left of the garage, play each tank until you loose rather than until you win. having fun so far with the lights. My favourite of the moment is the Locust, I can't see quite why but it just seems to always do a lot in each battle.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Just got a fully upgraded Panther 2, only played 2 games in it so far but first impressions are good. It's my first tier 8 medium as I have focused on the tier 9 heavy tank and tier 8 TDs untill now.

I guess time will tell if I end up getting on with it :)

19. j.col

j.col Minimodder

I done similar, iirc i bought most of my tier 6/7 tanks when on offer.
    Just unlocked them then farmed credits until the offers came.
    It helped that i was going up 6 or 7 different trees at the same time.
    Hellcat is fun especially once elite, but go the T49 route first, they are very similar

20. Risky

Risky Modder

WG have blocked a lot of access to stats due to their 'server problems' You need to register with noobmeter (login with google msn, etc, etc) and then he can update on the nightly batch.