1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project]: Big Bro' Prodigy (E-ATX mod) FINAL PICTURES: 12th March - 2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nikkop, 12 Dec 2012.

1. Azariel

Azariel Minimodder

Very nicely done. Have played with the thought of putting an ATX mobo into a m-atx case several times myself, but never actually did it :)

Where did you get the back plate btw? Still had it lying around or did you buy it somewhere?

2. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

Have you checked that a graphics card will fit where you have placed the board? Often the edge of the card will be higher than the IO expansion slots. Most reference cooler cards don't have this problem though.

3. Axoxenon

Axoxenon Do it right the first time

This will be awesome!

4. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot! :)
    You should do it, it's loads of fun! Also this is a m-ITX case, not mATX. But to be honest it's a little big for a m-ITX, haha :)

The motherboard tray is from Mountain Mods and can be found here:
    http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-modular-removable-motherboard-tray-p-56.html

I'm able to move the motherboard tray back a bit further and still have place for the PSU behind.
    I think that if a problem may accure with the GPU it will be the power connectors to it, but since I can move back the tray a bit I don't think it will be an issue at least I hope not ^^

But yeah, the solution is to move the tray back a bit, no problem in this case as I have not attached it yet :)

Thanks a bunch! Stay tuned! :D

Best Regards
    Nikkop

5. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Hi all!

Hope you're doing good.

Just wanted to inform you that I have a update planned and such but I haven't been able to make it yet.
    The reason is that last week when I was to record the video of the unboxing and such of the motherboard that will be used (Gigabyte z77x-UP7) my memory card decided to mess with me and died.
    I'm now waiting for a new one that should arrive this week and when it has arrived I will be able to record, edit and post an update here! :)
    The update won't only be on the unboxing itself, but also how the new motherboard will look in the case and such stuff! :)

Have a nice time! :)

Thanks!
    Best Regards
    Nikkop

6. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I see this mod becoming pretty popular. I would never have thought of putting even an mATX board in one of those, let alone an eATX. Luckily the width of the case allows for some nice PSU and hard drive stealthing. Will the PSU get some ventilation holes?

I'll be watching this!

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Liking this a lot, giving me ideas again about my Prodigy, keep up the good work! :D

8. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your kind words! :) I love the idea of the E-ATX and I'm happy other people do too, compact stuff is the sh*t! :D

I will give the PSU ventilation, in what way I haven't decided yet. Perhaps drill some nice looking and discrete holes in the side panel. Maybe it won't need those holes tho, depending on how tight it will be and what fan will be used in the front. If I use a 230mm fan there will be airflow behind the motherboard tray as well which the PSU can take use of :)

Thanks a bunch! :)
    The Prodigy is a case where a lot of different mods can be done it seems. Think of what you would need to specific for you case/computer and come up with an idea! ;)

Thanks again both of you
    Best Regards
    Nikko

9. White-Fox

White-Fox What's a Dremel?

Wow, looking great :D cant wait to see the whole build.

10. sAnity

sAnity What's a Dremel?

Wow, I caught a log decently early. I have thought of ATX in this case, but eATX? Will that even allow you a 230mm fan at the front unless its outside the case?

11. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

:rock: Reminds me of my MAX11L builds....nice work :naughty:

12. sAnity

sAnity What's a Dremel?

lol, your MAX11L builds are awesome, i have read every one of your logs, and those happen to be my favorite

13. Baguette

Baguette What's a Dremel?

Why don't you use a riser card for the graphics? It would allow you to tilt the cards and gain loads of space : D
    I'm sure you have a trick up your sleeve though, this idea is just phenomenal...

14. avolla

avolla Mini Water Modder

This build is really intriguing. Keep it up. Are the feet on that case going to be strong enough to hold the weight of this thing once it's loaded down?

15. sAnity

sAnity What's a Dremel?

im pretty sure hes going to do some insane amount of crossfire/sli cards so a riser card wouldnt work

16. Baguette

Baguette What's a Dremel?

Ah, that might explain, but quad risers are always an option eh? : P

17. sAnity

sAnity What's a Dremel?

I don't think so, because one reference 7970 covers up 3 PCIE slots in a riser... at least if my measurements/guesstimations are correct

18. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot for all your replies!

I've been to Budapest on a small trip with my girlfriend this week and therefore I haven't been active here, but let's answer these replies! :)

Thanks a bunch! :) I look forward to it myself, a lot! :D

Hah, thanks :) Yes the 230mm fat can fit, depending on how I place the motherboard sideways (close to the front or the back), but my plans are to probably fit the 230mm in the front, yes :)

Thanks! :D I've seen the MAX11L log, not bad at all! I like it :D

To be honest I don't even have a graphics card at the moment, lol. But the whole thing about the EATX and this is basically about "Just because I can" so I don't want to limit myself by having a raiser. I rather want to be able to multiple GPU's, even tho I probably wont ^^

I wish I could, but I don't have any GPU's and as a student that just moved away from home doesn't give me too much money to spend on hobby's :(
    However, I'm actually going on a job interview this Monday so hopefully, if I get any job, I'll be able to get myself a GPU >: )

Thanks a lot :)
    The feet are pretty sturdy and solid it seems. The flexible material should be able to handle it without any issues (hopefully, hah!). Don't know what the final weight will be, remains find out! :D

Once again thanks for your replies and showing interest!
    My mother in law is visiting us for the weekend so I'll see if there's any chance to finish my update. I'll do my best! >: )

Other than that I'll hear from you soon again :)
    Best Regards
    Nikkop

19. sAnity

sAnity What's a Dremel?

Have fun with your mother in law!

20. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Double post~

Last edited: 12 Mar 2013