1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress White SG09 with power and watercooling

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Fruergaard, 12 Feb 2013.

1. Fruergaard

Fruergaard What's a Dremel?

Hello, ones again

So my latestet build; Unobtainable was a great PC to build, and got a lot of positive feedback, Thanks guys and girls :thumb:

First of I would once like to thanks Aquatuning.de for sponsoring this build with many great watercooling parts
    [​IMG]

And also thanks to Fractal Design for sponsoring the Newton R3 1000W White PSU.
    [​IMG]

But my eager to create something new, and also a (hopefully) better looking build.
    So I will hope you will follow this build as well, and please; positive criticism is always welcome, so dont hold back
    But to the main part; Building a kick ass looking SG09 with a lot of watercooling :D

So first of the SG09 case. A really small case produced by Silverstone, but still space enough for a mATX and SLI, and hopefully for my ideas of watercooling
    Just a quick picture for you that haven't seen it yet (more to come later):
    [​IMG]

Most people doesn't really like the front of the case (which also seems why Silverstone have made SG10).
    But I see opportunities, so hopefully it will turn out better after it have been painted.
    And you guessed it right, there isn't sold any white SG09 case, so I will spray paint the hole case (because I like white cases ).

About the internal hardware, it's going to be a powerfull rig but not extreme (just yet).
    It's going to be a Intel I7 3770k, 16gb of RAM, a Rog Maximus Gene IV Z some Intel SSD and of course two lovely GPU's;
    [​IMG]

Two nice Evga GTX 670 +SC 4gb cards. Reason that I chosed those two cards, you will understand later :eyebrow:

All the watercooling blocks will come from EKWB, since I really like their continues CSQ design on all the blocks and that it's Plexi tops to see the water flow though and give a nice "show" effect.

I got almost all the parts, so the build can begin. However, my time is limited, so please be patient, I want this build done as fast as you (but still looking awesome).

Actually a nice big package came today from Aquatuning.de, but still missing one more :hehe:
    The package contains a lot of nice things;
    Two nice D5 pumps with Plexi tops.
    [​IMG]

Reservoirs with a lot of lighting options
    [​IMG]

Some nice radiators from both Phobya (200mm) and two 120mm fra alphacool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thise will also get colored to fit the theme of white and Green (white frame and green fins).

Some tuping;
    [​IMG]
    Really like these tupes, because the are really flexible which is nice in a small case

And a lot of other nice products from (temp sensor, lightning, pump silence and some radiator shrouds) that would get in this build;
    [​IMG]

It's a lot of hardware and watercooling to get into this small build, which means challenges, but I got a plan :cooldude:

So the next thing for this build is to recieve the last products (some watercooling parts and sleeving from MDPC-x), and then get going with installation and modding.

And then afterwards the painting of all the parts will begin to get the build look great and unique in the green and white theme :D

And I also got a little surprise, but more on that later on.

So hope you will follow and like the outcome, and if you got some feedback, please let me know :p

Last edited: 14 Apr 2013
  2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I loved Unobtainable, it was a really exciting idea and beautifully executed. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one turns out, that's some beautiful gear you're putting in that box.

Subbed. :rock:

3. Fruergaard

Thanks, Unobtainable was really something speciel with that Shuttle motherboard, but even though the end result was great, it just wasn't me.. If you understand :eyebrow:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So a bit of update, again it's a bit slow cause of my limited time, but I will get there with an awesome end result, promise :thumb:
    First of the GPU's got them a make over:
    [​IMG]

The card alone. A really small card but still very powerfull.

[​IMG]
    One card

[​IMG]
    Two cards :D

And from the back with the back plates.
    [​IMG]

Now imagine that these get colored white and the rings becomes green ;)
    And green water running though those nice looking EKWB plexi nickel blocks :thumb:

I also got a nice package from Nils at MDPC-X inculding some sleeving, pre-cut heat shrink and a crimping tool.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some really nice looking sleeving, looking forward to get going with it :thumb:

The last shipment from Aquatuning.de should come soon, just waiting for those good looking Monsoon fittings :D

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That green and white looks pweety.

5. dreps

dreps Minimodder

love the case and colors you're going for :D

6. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

I see lots of hardware and no modding... what gives! Get a move on!

7. Fruergaard

Yeap, they look a lot better then the last sleeving i used.

Thanks, really like the white and green themed builds, but so few of them :-/

He, well I would like this done as fast as you guys :D, but still my time is limited.

8. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

i see... interesting, are you using smaller length cards to fit the reservoirs in? And I loved the Unobtainable mod, being able to fit the x79 platform in small form is indeed one hellavua mod :D

9. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Well until your time frees up this really belongs in a different forum. Give us some work mate!

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

11. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I do like Silverstone cases. No doubt you'll be great with this one. The color scheme will be hawt!

12. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

ohhh yeeah :D
    Looking forward to this!
    SUBBED!

13. Fruergaard

Perhaps, but you will find out later ;-)

Yes Unobtainable was quite a hit, many asked for the mobo to create something smilar ;-)

He, I will. Next week i got a bit mroe time ;-)

They do provide us with some great cases, and innovative once to :rock:

14. Fruergaard

First installation of the hardware and pumps in the case :D
    There isn't that much to say. You should begin to see what my plan is with this build according to fitting it all in that small case ;)
    [​IMG]

IT FITS!
    yea, I was worried about fitting the pumps like this, but with a few mm to spare, that was no problem.
    Really love those pumps, but I might change the top to plexi EKWB CSQ, to fit the theme of CSQ blocks.
    But, many things can still happen. Might even change the GPU's to something stronger :D

At the left 120mm fan one of the alphacool radiator will be installed.
    The 200mm Phobya radiator will get installed un top of the 180mm fan. So it's going to be outside the case.

The left side of the case (the one you see from on the above picture) will get as much window as possible to show of this nice view ;)

So here some more detailed pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My plan was to watercool the RAM aswell, however that may not be possible, since it will get to high and block for the reservoirs :-/

And the backplates;
    [​IMG]

Really looking forward getting them painted. They will look so nice :D

A sad story though; I will be away from the build the next month :(
    However, when I return, I got more time to work on this build ;)

I will still answer to any of your questions, and keep you updated if the plan for the hardware change :D

15. ProZac

ProZac What's a Dremel?

Maybe im blind, but can't really see where the cables from the PSU will go out as there is a wall on both sides on it (top/bottom) or are there room enough between the PSU and the back plate?

16. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Watercooling squeezed into small case. I'll be watching this closely! :thumb:

17. Fruergaard

There is a bit of room all around. Enough to make it possible ;-)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...bk8UZySAtO4hAee0ICgBg&ved=0CEAQ9QEwAw&dur=608

Thank you. Hope this will turn out better than Unobtianable :rock:

18. Lehani

Lehani What's a Dremel?

Wow, another mod from you mate:)

You keep doing the nodding going:) well how are the plastic EK parts??
    Are they better or worse than the rest of EK's products?

19. Fruergaard

Yeap, can't help it :D

I have actually only been using the plexi blocks (if that's what you mean with plastic?), så I can't tell you if there is a difference, except I believe the look way better ;-)

20. Axoxenon

Axoxenon Do it right the first time

Hells yes! Subbed :cooldude: