1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Assassins Creed 4: Blackflag

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jake123456, 28 Feb 2013.

1. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

yay, more gimmick minigames and boring Corner character.

AC is Ubisoft's CoD, just like MoH and BF are EA's.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Pirate Assassins.

Awesome.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Possibly! How many games are we expecting before the story wraps up? Presumably you could slot another one or two major titles in to give 5 and 6 before running short?

5. October

October Mariachi Style

I'm still hoping for some Jack the Ripper era funsies!

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'm waiting for a Japan era type one...Running around as a ninja would just be awesome.

I don't get why Ubisoft still haven't ventured around this yet as it would fit the story so well!

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Oh yes. That'd be awesome.

I also quite like the idea of Napoleonic times too.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Too late, when AC:R came out they claimed it has to be annual now to pay for the franchise.

It's an annual cash-cow now. AC:B was the last decent one, so until the fanboys stop throwing money at everything AC they'll keep releasing more :(

I loved AC2 so much as well :sigh:

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I still put well over 100 hours into AC:3 - the open world aspect of it was very, very good - it was the campaign that was bloody awful! The attempt to put some RPG elements in like crafting, hunting and trading were a good idea, but the execution was too simplistic. The Ship segments were OK, but once you had done one mission, the rest were just the same - I suspect that Black Flag will have a lot more of this.

I wouldn't call myself a fan boy exactly (although I do have all the Xbox versions), but I do like Assassin's Creed. The only sad part is that they are going down this route of cut scenes, scripted sequences and QTE rubbish.

If they still keep the open world aspect in there I will probably buy the next one, purely because it gives me so much value for money.

I'll not buy it for £70 though!

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I didn't mean anyone from this site. I got really involved in the AC "community" back in the day and seriously... there are so many of them who buy every AC game on every platform from multiple countries and stores so they get all the different editions. Then they buy all the DLCs for every platform too. All the costumes and Erudito crap for the AC3 mp. It's just insane.

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Haha - I wasn't being paranoid ;-) I was just trying to distance myself from those bidding on Ebay for Desmond dolls ;-)

I had hoped that they would do more with the AC mechanic - it's the first time I have seen anyone really get climbing in games just so 'correct' and so natural. Also, in the beginning the online was shaping up to be something quite new and refreshing. In a lot of respects, the 'franchise' is wasted on a big publisher as they will not risk pushing the boundaries further.

12. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Seems like they got a bit confused with the name.
    All numbered title games in the series before had no subtitle. Indeed the subtitle (and the box-art) implies it will have the same time setting as AC3, except you will be a pirate in the Caribbean the whole time. They were probably hoping to make this connor originally, but with all the dreary reviews of him as a character they probably decided to go with a new main character... which is probably their criteria for a numbered title, hence the mouthful of AC4:BF.

13. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

tbh i dont mind if they continue the franchise, obviously as long as there is new elements and improvements added to the game. its definitely one of my favourites for the time being

@jake123456 have a look on deviantart. theres some really good fan art of concept images of AC set in china. i think you'll likey!

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Feb 2013
  14. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I preferred Haytham to Connor, so it's nice that the story is going that way a little.

:::AC3 SPOILER WARNING:::
    I do hope we don't spend half the time popping out of the Animus again to plug in power cells or something similar.
    Also wondering if this is prior to Desmond's death, or whether we're following his mind stuck in the machine or someone else with close DNA is controlling it.

Like some of the comments in the links, I'm hoping they put a bit more of the content for naval battles. Those were some of my favourite parts of AC3.
    I didn't mind most of the other content, but the inconsistency in the story and somewhat irritating abuse of QTE and cheap free-running control ruined a lot of the enjoyment for me.

I'd quite happily create a save-game with all the naval bits unlocked and just spend any time playing on AC3 just repeating those...

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Shall take a look! Cheers mate! :thumb:

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Do have to wonder where they are taking the series now, a pirate assassin captain kinda goes against the cloak and dagger aspect of being a assassin.

18. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

All seems a bit rushed.