1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other what mouse do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesn, 6 Mar 2013.

1. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Putting in a word for the classic Razer Copperhead, Doubt you can even buy them any more but I love mine to bits :)

2. suragh

suragh Derp

I still have mine in a box. It's dipswitch needs replacing or fixing. Brilliant mouse aswell.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I so agree with trying a mouse but tricky most of the time. I bought a CM Storm Spawn and hated it from the off, my GF could not use it either.

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I have large hands so after a trying a few a went with the G500. perfect mouse for me nice and big. not too many buttons very little in the way of gimmicks the sensitivity buttons great when you hope in a tank on BF3. I run mine loaded with its bigger weights which gives a nice deliberate feel to it. Best mouse ive used

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Still using Logitech MX Revolution's here at home. I haven't found a better mouse, and considering I bought them at £100 a piece when they were new, not looking to change them soon.

I had a lovely cheap logitech M500 at my previous job, seriously considered buying a few as they were comfortable like my revolutions but corded with the hyperscroll feature.

6. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

I agree but I tried looking for a place to try the m60 but it was only available online as far as I could see. Actually very few places stocked any of the ones I wanted to try, although my local PC world has now started to stock Roccat and corsair mice so thats good. Still very few examples of mech keyboards though which will be my next purchase.

I do really like the m60 clearly a much better made mouse, the quality of materials are much better etc. Just the Habu was supremely comfortable for palm grip use...... Don't speak ill of the Habu :p

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That reminds me, I must bring my spare mouse into work. I bought a mech board for work, but I'm still making do with a crappy MS basic mouse when I have a Habu and and a Sidewinder in the spares cupboard! :duh:

8. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven Minimodder

I just use any old mouse, I'm currently using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000, good enough for me. Microsofts BlueTrack technology is actually suprisingly good.

9. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Genuine Buzz lightyear STAR COMMAND mouse with optical conversion. </thread>

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

^LOL. :D

Logitech Performance MX here. No real complaints, most has been accurately summarized by GoodBytes. I use the left and right scroll feature universally for volume, which is quite handy once you get used to it.

11. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

MX518

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Same here.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I had DeathAdder for years, tried a Corsair M60 and after a week went back to the DeathAdder; it's just too comfy to part with. The Synapse drivers to suck though. As good as the M60 was I felt I was fighting with the damn thing when gaming; it was a pig to lift with a palm grip.

14. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

What did Jameson get in the end?

15. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Logitech MX518

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Went from a Copperhead which was good but a bit meh for my comfort to a CM Storm Spawn and absolutely love it, but then it fits my hand just right and I can easily see how others might dislike it.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Same here, 3 versions of DeathAdder, now Zowie EC1 eVo (pretty much the same thing). Let's hope the buttons on this one will last more than 2 years (looks at brand new DeathAdder still in the original packaging just received from RMA :D).

18. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I have a Razer Deathadder, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's a nice shape and it glides very well, but it's essentially the cheapest plastic crap you can imagine. After a few years of use it's creaking whenever I use it to play games, as though it's about to fall apart in my hand.

I also detest the finish; the rubberised top is okay, but the shiny plastic on the sides needs cleaning almost daily.

The final thing to mention is the software, which is pretty horrific. I'm using legacy drivers to avoid the latest Razer crapware.

Definitely looking to replace this with something more solid, as soon as I can afford to do so. It's amazing how badly this mouse has aged, I swear it was pretty nice when I got it.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Your post sums up Razer products quite nicely.

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Solved in DeathAdder Black Edition.

You should try the EC1 eVo then. Similar to DeathAdder, but no software needed whatsoever (you switch the DPI with the button on bottom).