1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER - back to work on this baby

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 1 Jan 2013.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks for following this build HybridCore :)

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I was bored and wanted to work on them so bad so I pre-made them so I can put them in the build right away. Hope you like the too many pictures of just ram and heatsinks xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What in the world XSPC. You sell these per TWO. You put everything in per TWO. But the plexi pieces for low profile ram...YOU PUT IN ONLY ONE!!! What is that about? So I cut them up into 4 pieces to get them to work for all 4 heatsinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

niiiice.
    Will the rams be WC´d ?

4. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

Awesome. I've never seen these sticks with heatspreaders on them.

5. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Yup. In some earlier photos I should have posted the matching XSPC ram waterblock.

Well I mainly used these because I can then fit any waterblock on it that fits Corsair Dominator ram. Which happens to be like 90% of all waterblocks.

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Another baby step. I fitted these babies to my motherboard. I changed the silver screws to black ones I accidentally happened to have left from my top grill. And they fit in perfectly :nod:

Just a few pics, hopefully soon with the next update being assembling the gfx card + waterblock + awesome backplate :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

I was just looking this thread earlier and thought that you were done updating today, GUESS NOT :D the Xspc blocks are really a nice touch that compliments the mobo... is the color theme going to be black and orange?

8. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you. Yes the build will be black with orange accents. The leds I might add will probably be white. I don't want a full on orange glow coming from it. I want them to be accents somehow.

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Ricardo was nice enough to send me these renders. I designed them partially but of course he made them work.

I will receive them somewhere next week. I can't wait myself. The renders look amazing to me, but that is my opinion of course :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

I share that amazing opinion with you! I'm in love with those! They look sooo sweeeet!!!

11. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Damn those look good Tim! also excellent render skills by Ricardo!

12. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks Ian :thumb:

Thanks Nate.
    I am starting to think he just made photos of them tbh. I mean the bottom one has the dustfilter (to hide the PCB colour) not under it correctly. They just look too real. :D

But either way I can't wait to receive them and put them on.

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

This build is looking so dam sexy!

14. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much my good sir :thumb:

------------------------------

Okay well yesterday I spend almost the entire evening fitting the block to the card. :wallbash:

The KFA2 card I have is a reference card. And the XSPC waterblock is meant for reference cards. But they didn't get a long very well.
    And it wasn't the layout of the card itself. It were the double DVI ports and the plexi top of the waterblock. They collided so the block would be turned a few degrees making it si NO holes lined up and it wouldn't drop over the parts of the card.

So I had to adjust the DVI port side and also file down the corner and side of the plexi top. Man I was upset :miffed:
    I had over 500 euros in gear in front of me and it should fit but it didn't and now I am here using a file on this stuff making it impossible to ever sell them again or send them in for RMA.

I will post pictures of it today or tomorrow. I got it to fit eventually. But I will have to take it apart again and do some more modification to the waterblock because now the part near the ports won't touch the thermal pads. Tonight I am going to use the dremel and slowly make the corner a tad smaller to it can touch the card completely. For my 2nd card I am getting an EVGA and I will see wether the problem lies with the waterblock or the gfx card.

On the other hand I received and fitted the custom backplates and they were just :drool:
    They look amazing. They're just pure art in my opinion.

Pictures coming today or tomorrow.

15. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

This will be a few replies in a row. Because you can't put an unlimited amount of pictures in one reply. First I would like to show you the received gfx card backplate. The other one I will show when I have actually bought a second gfx card.

Here is my precious :baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Usually I buy all my parts from Coldzero. He already helps me a lot byt doing the designing with me so I gladly pay him for his parts. But this shipment was on him. He wanted to donate me the backplates as a sponsorship. I was honoured. I mean not only did I receive exactly what I imagined it to be. But I also get them for free. Thank you so much Coldzero (Ricardo). Your skills are amazing and your work is just perfection. To also get a sponsorship by you is just :clap:

[​IMG]

www.coldzero.eu

Omoobhs and AverageNinja like this.
  16. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

This build... Sexy time for my eyes!
    Subbed and Rep+!

17. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much Mr Ninja :clap:

18. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Here is a big pile of photos I made during the mounting of the waterblock and backplate. Perhaps a bit too many. But I hope you don't mind. I really like the artwork of KFA2 so I made extra photos of that on the gfx card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again thank you so much KFA2 and Coldzero for the parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

Forgot how small the actual PCB of the GTX670 and 660 were. They're so small now. :p

20. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

oh my.. oh my... that backplate.... uuunnnngggg , how many layers did you do create that effect??