1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Insurance is due again, still can't find a job anywhere despite applying for everything, cars road tax is also due, struggling to find a home for my family, things will get better.

YEHBABY likes this.
  2. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

On the day of my resignation, my boss decided it was the first of many spending cuts so we had some crappy, sandpaper like toilet paper instead of the Cushelle we normally have.

3. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

We lost, to Liverpool. Bah.

4. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

I have empty bottle of Bushmills Blackbush... And I need to continue on programming some school stuff...

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

No more Top Gear till the summer.

Sam

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

As of this point; I've been unemployed for six months, and there seems to be next to nothing I can do to change this fact, short of flat out moving to Milton Keynes or Leicester. I've applied for just about anything that my skills will suit (Mainly IT technical support, since It's what I've done a college course in, and voluntary work for.) and heard back a big fat wad of nothing.

It's denting my self esteem to have worked this hard to get good qualifications, then find out that I would've been better served doing an Apprenticeship rather than a college course, and none of the apprenticeships will even think about taking me since I already possess most of the qualifications they're providing as part of the course.

Further to this; I'm out in the middle of nowhere, effectively. Daventry is stuck in one of those overpopulation states, where every shop gets a minimum of fourty applications for a single role, so even if I do apply somewhere; the chances aren't great that I'll even get it, commuting to Northampton or Rugby is spotty, since I'd be relying on roads that pretty much jam up the second there's a crash anywhere on the M1, so I'd be constantly late and eventually fired, even if I could get a job in either of those locations.

All in all; **** my life.

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Bought myself a COREPAD Deskpad XXXXL maybe a month ago, it's great, smooth and stops my desk getting messed up. My son decided to do some cutting (which always happens at the kitchen table, but today he did at my desk), he's cut a perfect little triangle out the mat.

I'm not happy for two reasons, he didn't do it in the kitchen as he always does and he didn't tell me he did it. But, when questioned he owned up straight away, saving himself losing the PlayStation for a week, so he just received a telling off.

8. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

University dissertation and google maps being a right pain

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Just spent two hours in the freezing cold trying to get the O/S strut to tighten up into the top mount on my car - it's been slapping about in the mount and rattling for a week or so now. Car is now falling apart a little less than before. Kids, don't crash your cars. Ever. In fact, scratch that, just don't get one at all :rolleyes:

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I am in a very similar boat except I have essentially been unemployed since mid January. It really sucks to hear from recruiters that your overqualified for level 1 help desk but lack the experience to do any physical tech work (where the majority of my experiences and aspirations lie).

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Built me a new website locally, looking rather promising tbh, domain name is free at the moment and is perfect, it's a struggle finding the £10 to pay for the domain and hosting though, Not looking forward to changing all the urls over when it does go live xD.

Also what the heck is it with people around me thinking i'm born to fail? okay so I've been making websites for years and always backed-down and started new ones but common! The people behind WD40 went though 39 failures before they hit success, nearly all successful people have failed 100s of times before they've hit the one thing that's worked. It's rather annoying knowing the people that are meant to be supportive are rather the opposite.

I bet they'll change their tune completely when something does start working out and feeling allot more interested in what i'm doing by which time it'll be to late.

meh

13. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

We have a guy at my work that comes from Northampton, Seems the opposite side of the city to you though. He has a 40-50min drive.
    I'm not even sure if were recruiting at the moment anyway, Will have to check.

14. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

The usual - Girls.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

High five, same here.

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Either waiting to hear back or getting a no for a year in industry for my placement year next year :(

17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Flu. Continual aches, pains, sneezing and dribbling nose.

Dag nammit my gf is one lucky lassy.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pretty much have tonsilitus and another three nights of work.

And I dislike this new keyboard that came with the Android update.

19. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Miscarriage :waah:

Just feel so helpless.