1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SimCity

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WhiteKnight226, 7 Jan 2013.

1. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

lol

Just accepted your request, cant find you in Sim City to invite you though.

Looked again and it looks like I'm on Europe East 1 not west.

2. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Changelog

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

You can only review the game your given in the state its in. Yes they might fix it and make it the most amazing game ever made in the future but you can not base a review on things that might happen.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Arma 2 was more broken on release did not stop it getting at least an 8 on most sites. Took till the expansion to fix most of the issues.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

ZiiP has it as digital download for £38 I belive, and now EA have announced that if you buy the game before 25th March you can get a free game from the following list, this is now my excuse for picking it up :D

http://www.ea.com/news/for-our-patient-and-amazing-mayors---a-free-pc-download-from-origin-

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ng-simcity-4-to-simcity-5-buyers/#more-146249

/goes off to find reviews on other games!

7. rollo

rollo Modder

depends what you dont have.

bf3 is the good choice if you lack it, NFS most wanted also a good game, DS3 and ME3 most will have.

8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Well, I only have BF3 off the above list. Not played the mass effect series, or dead space for that matter (not into horror games anyway), so at the moment NFS Most Wanted is looking like a good option. I havent got any racing games and combined with my PS3 controller the videos I have just watched make it look fun :D

Interested by ME3 but assume I need to of played the first two.

EDIT: bawls. just noticed ZiiP is out of stock :/

9. rollo

rollo Modder

can get both in steam sale for £5 come easter id imagine

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

11. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

ME1 & 2? Well we will see. I think if I buy anymore games I will run out of time to play them. I have bought SimCity from GMG. Downloading now.

12. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Awesome, could not swallow the dead space 3 price, now feel like sim city was an ok deal with it thrown in!

13. rollo

rollo Modder

i got ME 1 and 2 on steam about 2 years back for £5 including all dlc hooch so its been that price before and with easter comes sales.

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hmmmm Dead Space 3 or NFS:MW - skipped both after playing demos but for free I can't decide.

I demoed them on the Xbox and PS3 - what are the PC versions like?

Will my char in Dead Space 3 still spin around like crazy if I have more than one joystick plugged in (like 1 & 2) or did they get more intelligent with joystick detection/selection?

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Correct, but the thing is, the game is NOT that broken. Not 4/10 broken for sure. Plus, by the time they published the review the servers were stable, so what exactly were they criticising it for?

1) Lack of cheetah speed
    2) Lack of achievements and leader boards
    3) Some bugs regarding pathfinding

No dice - Eurogamer just hopped on the outrage bandwagon and slapped on a low score to appease everybody screaming about always-on, which had been announced for the game over a year ago.

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

FML, a Godzilla just burned the university in my city to ashes. He had to choose one of the most expensive buildings to destroy :wallbash:. Demotivated me enough to turn off Simcity for today.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not bad. Dead Space 3 is definitely what I'll be plumping for.

18. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

I had a Godzilla a little while back, ate all my rubbish from my dump then disappeared. Overall not a bad result :D

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Finally got around to buying my copy of SimCity, just seen the comments about EA offering a couple of choices of a free game to anyone who's bought it which is a nice and unexpected bonus for the purchase. :)

Installing & updating the game now.
    I'll have a swing at the game tomorrow when I have more time to play and can focus a bit.

20. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Well according to Origin I just lost 3 hours to it! Lots to see and learn but picking up the mechanics OK I think. I play some more on my own then see if there are any spaces on anyone's regional play.

Free game chosen already, need for speed. It's in my origin ready to download :)

Being without any GPUs for a bit whilst they are RMAed I can see this taking up my time in the evenings in the laptop!

Last edited: 18 Mar 2013