1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair unveils Vengeance K70

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Mar 2013.

1. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Love my current Vengeance! Loving the new colour theme.

2. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

That does not make any sense.

Regardless - what is the point of having an amazing casecon with RGB-lights, a super-awesome Mionix Naos with RGB-lights and a RGB-backlighted TFT & Desk if the keyboard remains f****king one-coloured? That is such a huge market gap!

Roccat shows it is possible, even so without having to charge completely insane amounts of money. Fact: I want a mech. But if one is expected to dash out more than 100 Euro/Pounds, it ought to have it all - else it is missing the point. You wouldn't buy a Ferrari without wheels, would you? (YES!! RGB lighting is THAT essential. It just is. And don't even bother, you weird minimalism-tkl-freaks, can't argue about taste!) That slightly subjective impression aside, it is imho indeed very pointless to have mech's with very basic features for such a high price which will only please the most hardcore minimalists. Either the price needs to be MUCH lower for such simple mechs or at this price it needs to offer a much better feature-package.

And yea, Roccat made one but I remain positive that Corsair and Mionix will follow up, because they are the only ones that imho got their mech's right - even though they're still not as good as they could be. Let's hope we won't have to wait too long for them to come to their senses. And while I'm at it - all mech-makers should PLEASE finally offer a choice in the mx-switches as some already do. I am lucky that my favourite mech's so far (Mionix Zibal 60 & Corsair K90/95) offer my preferred switches, but if one likes the blues or browns instead - yea, that'd suck. So please, Mionix, Corsair, Steelseries et. al: offer all of them on your keyboards!

p.s.: sorry for the rant, but the wait for a proper rgb-mech has been so long...it's starting to eat my nerves up, bit by bit :(

3. stanonwheels

stanonwheels What's a Dremel?

My god, they actually did it. They built my perfect keyboard.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Feeling tense? Take some deep breaths and ask someone to rub your shoulders and neck :)

5. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Not offering different switch types is a big negative IMO. The boards from Cooler Master have been doing all of this already, and you get choice of switches.

I hope they improved the ergonomics of the wrist wrest as well, which was made too high to fit the extra keys inside on the left side only version.