1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics My Watercooled QUAD SLI GTX 670 4GB Cards Powered with 2 PSU's **Benchmarks PG10**

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 25 Feb 2013.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yes, but Guest don't have the option to change to 100 posts per page. ;)

I need 1 PCI-E 6pin to plug into the motherboard, and a further 2, to plug into the forth card.

Even my old mighty 1500W Silverstone Strider I use to have, only came with 8 PCI-E p/8pin Adapters, where as I need 9! :)

But yeah, I will try and even out the power, so both PSU's are running at it's optimal. :)

BTW- Is it just a case of using a jump pin on the second PSU, to have it running?

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I think you can get adaptors to run both PSU's up at the same time, when you press the power button on the case.

I cannot remember who it was, but someone used one on here iirc on a mod they did in a Little Devil case.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Right, the problem I have, is both PSU's are different.

1KW Silvertone Strider, and a TX650W Corsair PSU. :)

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

One of these should do that job but I have no idea if the two different PSUs will cause a problem. One thing I noticed is bitcoin mining comes up a lot when searching for dual PSUs so it might be worth poking about in their forums for any tips or guides.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That is perfect! That won't cause any issues, as the 2 wires off to the 24pin adapter is just jumping starting the secondary PSU. :)

Thanks Lancer! +rep :)

6. law99

law99 Custom User Title

FOUR! I need my new job to crack on and employ me. This is a race I want to be involved in. lol

7. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Glad to be of assistance t_g :) Kustom PCs also sell a non-braided version but its out of stock at the moment. This one comes up a lot too but by the time you get it over here, it'll probably be really expensive for what it is.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

:D

Just bought that Dual ATX cable from that Link Lancer. :)

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Fair enough then :hehe: I'm rather looking forward to the benchmark results, though your 'leccy bill might be rather eye watering :hehe:

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well, I hope to get at least 1293MHz core from all 4 cards. It's always harder to overclock 4 cards to there limits as the board will be at it's full potential!

Not worried about my Leccy bill, still £270 in credit, due to my supplier not adjusting my Direct debit, and on top of that, I just got a letter, saying they haven't added my Dual Fuel Discount for the past year, so another £19 credit added to it. :)

11. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

waaaaait you OC'ed your U2713 IPS to 90Hz?

LIYES?

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Me lie? Never ever, ever, ever...

Proof! :p:D

[​IMG]

And a Video of Tomb Raider 2013 on my setup before they finally fixed it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Mar 2013
  13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I stand corrected about the dual PSUs - quality! If I'd have known that years ago, I'd have totally done it...

14. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

That's awesome, does the 90Hz work legitimately you can really notice the smoothness and responsiveness over 60?

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I wasn't sure either, but now we know. :)

I notice a difference in smoothness, looked more fluent in fast moving games. :)

Also with vsync off, I don't get any tearing. :)

I don't know if I am seeing the full 90FPS, as that is more dependent on the pixel clock. How could we tell what is really being displayed?

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

My latest build: Quad SLI, 2 PSU's, Watercooled and all house in a TJ07 modded.

I wasn't planning on buildimg this till the weekend, as the Waterblock and a few other bits were not due here till Wed/Thurs from Germany.
    As it turned out. I got home this morning from working a night duty about 6am - Straight to bed I went, until I got a knock on the door at 11, I looked outside and saw a UPS van. I then wondered what it was, as nothing was due till later in the week. So I went to the door, signed for the parcel, and quickly opened it...YES! My stuff has arrived early. So as I was excited, I didn't want to go back to bed, and so I started straight away installing the waterblock to the card. Once that was done, I then stripped my PC and got it ready to install all the components. Next thing I knew it wss 5:30pm and the house was a mess with boxes and offcuts etc. everywhere!
    Now my Missus was due home at 6pm, and does not know I bought a fourth card. So all evidence had to be cleaned up and hidden away! So just as I went to sit down, the Missus came home. Straight away she said "Why are you all hot and bothered?" Urm, no reason!..:D (So, looks like I got away with that! :D)

Enjoy the pic's! :)

3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB and a EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB.
    [​IMG]
    Back plate left attached to keep the VRAM chips cooler on the back of the card. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Added PCI-E 1x extension cable for sound card.
    [​IMG]
    Installing 2 PSU's to the back of the case, only to find out that the Radiator would not fit...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Only Place to mount the sound card...
    [​IMG]
    Found another place to install the seco d PSU! + The hidden snake pit from 2 PSU's. As tidy as you will ever get ti!
    [​IMG]

17. jinq-sea

Does she live? We need to seeeee!

18. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Have I ever told you that you're effing nuts? If not, then "You're effing nuts."

PS. Good job!

19. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Need some benchies!!!

20. jinq-sea

Why not get an external sound card, Si? Wouldn't that be neater (and less susceptible to RF interference)?

Or would that tip the missus over the edge?