1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Far Cry 3 and the inventory problem

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 26 Feb 2013.

1. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I really enjoyed FC3, but as soon as I'd finished the campaign the novelty almost vanished. It's far from perfect.

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I know and I really enjoyed it but once the campaign is completed and you have conquered the bases there is very little left to do. It would have made it an awesome game if the rebels would retake the bases etc.

3. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Should have made it like Red Dead Redemption where every animal and plant could be killed and collected

"How much for these 40 Boar Skins?"

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

My main gripe with the inventory system was, after you upgraded everything you couldn't auto sell the animal skins with the rest of the useless junk. Would of saved me loads of time. Either way it wasn't as bad as the article makes out, although not ideal I'll grant you.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Check out the patch notes below:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
    • Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753983-New-Features-and-Changes-in-Far-Cry-3

longweight likes this.
  6. longweight

:jawdrop:

REP!

7. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

"Dear Skyrim..." :)

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

After hunting animals at the start and getting 4 guns I haven’t done anything with my inventory I just run about killing stuff.

9. longweight

You can have much more fun with larger weapon pouches :D

10. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

The first game I thought about was Terraria. While yes, you can shift + click to trash items but the issue is that its 2D and you pick up EVERYTHING automatically. So every 10 mins or so you have to stop and trash everything. The worst part is that many things won't even stack, playing around xmas was a nightmare.

11. south side sammy

south side sammy What's a Dremel?

I have many gripes about the game. I think the biggest thing was coming from FarCry2 and expecting to be able to set my controls the way I wanted. Nothing is easy for a PC gamer anymore and it keeps getting worse and worse.
    Now there are 497 things I need set up. My "ENTER" key is very important to me. Guess what, can't use it....???? C'mon already.

You can't save on the fly, something that is very missed.

I like to use my number pad, can't use that either. ( under num lock )

I started the game and had to get out of the game, reset controls so I could slay ( cut throat of ) my first adversary. Can't use the normal key I would have used in FC2 and in most other FPS I have.
    That's as far as I got with the game. Barely got started and will never touch it again (*)...... unless I learn to use an XBOX controller which isn't going to happen.
    I don't buy EA games anymore and now I won't buy anymore Ubisoft games.
    The console gamers that are making these games for PC gamers have ruined it.

12. longweight

What are you talking about? I had no problem with the controls, you would really let that get in the way of playing the game? What do you use the enter key for?

13. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

If you put some effort in to craft a few of the basic things like a bigger backpack and a gun belt, then the game gets brilliant.

It really is a lot of fun and i would urge anyone who has it but perhaps hasnt put the time in to have a go. Its well worth it.

14. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

In a word, exactly.

Nice that you can reset outposts now though! I actually started not taking outposts on purpose as I was playing because I wanted to actually save some fun for later. Otherwise I feared I would complete everything and be left with a super boring campaign to drag through with no interesting hostiles about!

15. postmangav

postmangav What's a Dremel?

I haven't even got to the second island yet. Totally stuck in a 'dream' bit.

16. south side sammy

like I said, console gamers are ruining the PC gamer experience. You're proof.

17. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

How is he proof? I had no problem with the controls either, they are very standard FPS PC controls. It sounds like you are being very particular tbh, nothing wrong with that of course but I don't see it being a fundamental problem with the game.

18. south side sammy

like I said originally, I like my controls to be the same from game to game. why should I be forced to learn something new. Takes the fun out of being able to jump in a game and have fun. The way things are with FC3 you're completely inundated with "new".
    Why do you think it's okay to have to leave the game, set controls to stock so you can use the "game chosen specific key" to kill someone when over the past 8 years I could use the same key in every other PC game that has come out?
    and don't sit here and tell me you can map the keys the way you want. YOU CAN"T. don't blow smoke.

19. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Where exactly did I say you could map keys? Blow smoke? Nah that is bad for you!

Sure in an ideal world it would be great for every game to be able to map keys to exactly what you want. There are some hurdles in certain titles, QTEs often have the key texture built in for example.

Most gamers however will just use the keys as set, these days they are so similar between titles of the same type that you don't even have to "learn" anything new. WASD for movement, R for reload, Space for jump, Ctrl for crouch etc. In most titles anything non-standard shows the key on the screen and Far Cry 3 is one of those titles.

20. south side sammy

and there you have it. I don't and never did use those keys. never will. unfortunate all of a sudden that the devs thinks this is the "norm" when it isn't. ergo console gamers making games for PC'ers.

Tags: Add Tags