1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 5 Jun 2012.

1. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Data Path C is live now. They have nerfed my fav combo of Scar + Muzzle but to be honest I would not of noticed had it not been for reading the patch notes.

Buff to the Grendel so it could be worth using that now on some of the longer range maps.

Reboot suit for first time this afternoon I expect :) Going to try and record some MP footage so will upload if I get a chance.

EDIT: Little snippet of MP play from this afternoon :D

http://youtu.be/UmpHdniYtpk

Last edited: 9 Mar 2013
  2. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I've finished the SP for a second time and got most of the suit upgrades maxed out, im still missing some upgrades tho and i've noticed that most of the data and upgrades don't show for tagging on the visor on my second run through. Plus for those not finished the sp yet there is a small extra clip at the end of the credits (which run for just over 20 mins i found) but if you click esc, which i did second time round you don't see it.

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Anyone got any tips on multiplayer? I just tried and I died about a billion times and killed maybe one other person. Tried all the modes but generally sucked. Anyone got tips?

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Really? I thought there was a pretty good mix at the moment, I'm a fan of the smaller maps myself. Too much running around with no action on the big ones. Although I fall off Skyline all the time :| Penn depot is my favourite though. Nice straight line.

What sort of tips are you after? I'm gonna give some, I don't mean any of them to be patronising, so apologies if it's all obvious to you :)

Don't use Auto-Armour. It just is not worth it. I get that it's for new players, but tbh in the beta when I was stuck with it until I unlocked custom classes I only ever heard "auto armour" right as I died. So it didn't do much. Max armour manually is much better to get into using and frees up a module slot!

Learn when to use armour and when to use stealth. If you're tagged (the little icon of you in the bottom left shows red), there is no point cloaking. You'll have a red triangle above your head anyway. Run out of LoS until it wears off, or stick on your armour and storm in. Whatever you like to do!

Remember when using max armour you'll run slower, so if you're not being shot at and you're trying to get somewhere/out of LoS you might be better off without armour mode on at least for a bit. Moving while in stealth wears out the energy much faster too, a lot of the time you don't need to be running with stealth anyway, anyone using nanovision will see the blue blur moving. Remember some environmental stuff gives off a heat signature though, so stealth near those won't be visible to someone looking through the visor. Shooting from stealth will zero out your energy bar so come out of stealth/switch to armour before you fire.

Pay attention to the killcam, what modules are the opposition using. This can be a really handy habit to get into. People magically seeing where you are? Do they have Hunter equipped? If they do they'll see your footsteps while you're uncloaked and maybe even the direction you're travelling. So if you run somewhere don't stop & stealth. Stealth a little before stopping if you're capping. Ordnance? They might see your bullet trails leading to your location.

Maybe to try and get a feel for it try sniping. Use the visor to tag enemies for your team mates. You might stay alive a little longer :) Oh and this mp is definitely one where jumping around like a mental is worth it! It's annoying when people do it, but they're doing it for a reason - it works!

Lastly, PICK UP DOGTAGS. They're how you get your killstreaks. It pains me to see videos of people running right past the tags and not collecting them :|

If everything electrical would stop breaking I'd make a video for the mp, if I do manage I'll post it up. Will likely be mp for nuggets, not really advanced tactics.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2013
  5. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Good advice there Hex.

I can only reiterate what Hex has said in the fact that stopping using Auto Armour at the earliest opportunity is probably the best thing. Try to remeber to tap 'Q' for armour as soon as you engage anyone. That free module slot for something like weapon pro (quicker aim down sights etc) when available will get you the kills you are after.

My favorite load out is (alothough not all available till the later levels);

Scar + Muzzle + Red Dot

Manoeuvrability
    Weapon Pro
    Aim Enhance

To be honest when starting off its hard, as untill you unlock the F17M(sp?) rifle everything feel pretty weak. Take a look at my snippet of MP video here which might give you some ideas. Belive me when I first started I was getting killed all over the shop.

Providing I am following my own advice :worried:, you should see my armour going on/off as i engage people, with occasional burst of stealth.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2013
  6. Hex

I love Manoeuvrability, now I'm trying to level up some other modules I feel so slow! I've maxed out that, Hunter, Scout, Surveillance and Retriever. I really want to level up Ordnance but nobody uses REX charges so levelling it is so slow! I love Surveillance just because I tag anyone I view through my weapon sights for my whole team and I am un-taggable :clap: Retriever's nice too because sometimes it's really dangerous going to pick up those tags! Also a must for sniping.

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i guess the problem i'm facing is it's all a bit COD like, run around spraying as fast as you can.

I was hoping hunter mode would be stealthy and paced MP, but it's so panicky

8. Hex

Have you tried Crash Site/Spears? They're my favourite, TDM is like you say, but with an objective I find it a lot easier to get into. I haven't played Hunter since the beta, I really need to get better with the bow first. I suck! I think Hunter would be a great mode for a private party, sadly only 1 person on my friendlist plays the mp :(

9. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I would definitely class it as an 'arena shooter' akin to Quake or similar deathmatch gameplay. As Hex says, Spears/ Crash site are good modes to get into. I found them very good to start with. I have taken to playing TDM recently though to improve my 'twitch' skills as I believe the kids call it :rolleyes:

10. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

CBA with it anymore.

frequently crashes after trying to load and resume game, usually fails at loading data part.

Crysis3 has stopped responding.

No issues with any other games, so cant be ssd fault. really havent got the time to spend hours trying to solve the problem, just to play a game.

11. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

I must admit, I have notived more crashing recently (since data patch C) in respect of the MP. Shame, as its double XP weekend!

12. rollo

rollo Modder

I've enjoyed what I've played off it, multi is getting a bit boring plays a lot like cod does which is pretty disappointing.

Hope they add more modes and larger maps.

Bf3 currently a lot better for multi.

13. PabloFunky

Thanks hoochy,

my game is to the recent patch, so that may be an issue.

I wont bother trying to get it going then, i will wait for another fix, if there ends up to be one.

Im only playing SP though.(well im not now as it has trouble resuming game)

14. Hex

Haven't got the crashing issue on console, but the numbers are still pretty low for a double XP weekend. Bit disappointing :( I'm getting the same players all the time now. A shame because I was enjoying it and it looks to be going the way of GCI (about 20 people worldwide playing so UBER LAG).

I got a couple of games of Hunter in just to get the achievement before that mode dies. OMG it is so boring on Skyline :blah: All the CELL guys just grab shields and huddle in that tiny little room. I did that one round and couldn't see the fun in it, so the next times I spawned as CELL, I hid just outside it, when the hunters gathered around trying to sneak a thermite arrow in the doorway I picked them all off with my Typhoon :clap: Easy way to kill 10 hunters!

Really want the console version of Patch 1.2, I miss my dogtags!

Oh also, I didn't see any patch notes for it, but is it my imagination or did the requirements for Ordnance go up? I could have sworn tier 1 was out of 3. I got to 2/3 but now I see it's 4/10 and still tier 1. I'm never gonna level that up!

15. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

It's a big disappointment for me but then I wasn't expecting much anyway after #2

I'll try and finish the SP when I can get my saves to work again. MP doesn't interest me, need to try WarFace though :)

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Finished this today. Graphically VERY impressive and the gameplay was fun. The new Michael 'Psycho' Sykes is a really well done character I have to say - really nailed the British squaddie act there! However the story is a bit crap.

I loved the outro though - a certain beach on a certain island!

17. PabloFunky

Ive now beaten it, with a nice crash at the end also.

In theroey i got longer gameplay, as it crashed so many times on the saves, that i had to keep playing from parts i had already played.

Someday i will play it again with new gfx card and hopefully non crashing version.

Only played SP, not interested in Mp.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Interesting, I got that as well - during the beginning of the final video.