1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Sub warfare could be amazing... Have a remote launch platform for missiles etc but also some under-sea dogfights, sweet.

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

that sounds awful, slow, slugish combat :(

3. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Did I see the word "microtransaction" in that rumor sheet? uugh >.< I really hope they don't do that. I am kinda excited for Frostbite 2.5 though. Having the level of destruction from BC2 come back in BF4 would be really nice ^^. I miss having the option to just blow up a building defenders are in if you can't take the building by force.

Air needs to be overhauled, and I bet it will be. I *kinda* would love there to be a laser tracked rocket to take out choppers again. That thing was awesome in BC2 ^^. People who could make cross-map shots with the thing were so awesome. Wouldn't work on jets though :(. Jets I think really should work with a gunner and pilot seat rather than just a single seat.

Anyway, hopefully BF4 won't be too much of a graphical monster for computers >.> I'd rather not need a Titan to play the game at decent FPS on 1920x1080.

Although... if this game comes with Oculus Rift support, I just might forego the monitor for the goggles ^^. I wonder how the Rift fits if you want to use headphones...

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Blow buildings up for kills. I do that all the time. C4 and tanks etc

5. October

October Mariachi Style

Well I meant more it would be awsome to have as an extra facet to battles, both teams have one for raining death from below etc but have the option of trying to remove the other teams sub.

I really feel like I would enjoy Titan mode in 2142... It's a fiver on Origin at the moment, really tempted. I assume it being on Origin means I don't have to worry about installation etc which put me off getting a boxed copy from somewhere, does anyone still play?

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

The uh, BF4 site phase is now at 2 "REVEALED: AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT", and is the blazing aircraft carrier from earlier. Make of that what you will. Landings around Shanghai pushing inland, is my thought, as the main image has the backdrop of Shanghai, which left me wondering why US resources would be confidently rolling out of Shanghai.

I'm getting this stuff from https://twitter.com/BATTLEFIELDO, if you was interested.

7. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Don't take it personally, i still enjoy BC2, BF3 and I have been know to frequent many of the COD games.

The simple fact remains. BF2 and BF2142 were the best iterations of the battlefield series..... (in my opinion! :thumb:)

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Funny, 2142 was the least memorable for me...I was pretty crap at it to be fair.

Vietnam was incredible though. First time I ever experienced a jet napalming me....well something about the smell of napalm in the morning and all that ;)

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Ooh Ooh I want clouds! I want my jet to be able to fly into clouds!

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Proper weather effects (or even randomised weather effects)!

A dogfight in a thunderstorm (or a tank battle in a sandstorm), I'd love thatt...

Last edited: 22 Mar 2013
  11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That would be cool. Seeing tanks cope with muddy rain sodden ground would be good. Dusk/evening fights please.

12. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

It has boats. I MUST have it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'd quite like friendly fire back in non-hardcore modes (as a server option). It would neatly stop helicopters and tanks firing willy nilly into rooms full of their team mates just to get one or two guys.

Technically so does BF3, they haven't said how many or how big yet.

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It does to a lesser extent, i've been teamkilled by helpful tanks knocking down a building i'm clearing or a gas tank i'm running past :(

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

2014 quote with above option enabled.

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

All these BF4 teasers are pretty, but tell me f* all about the game. Can't wait to see the actual gameplay. Has to be next gen, quite frankly.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yep, only two days away and we should get a first glance!

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Should have Beta access regardless as I got MoH: Warfighter. :)