1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

Another big special for me. I have the Hellcat, Jackson and M41 unlocked so it's back in the T1 HT for the weekend, I guess.

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I got my g/f hooked on this, she'll probably be kicking my ass at it soon.

Still trying to find a play style I really like. I'm switching back and forth between the SU-26, the T-46 and the BT-2. I think I'll grab a BT-7 on sale this weekend so I can play a fast squishy tank on the full range of maps. I've also started going up the Chinese tech tree only because i want the M5 Stuart without going up the American tree. So far the Vickers and Chi-Ha have been absolute POS to play, so hopefully the slog will be worth it.

I think I'm going to try something more in a medium tank next, maybe the T28

I've had a few games now where i managed 4 kills, but usually tier 1 games. I'm getting where I can land shots on the fly, so appearently my skills are improving.

3. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

SeaCOM is down, so I din't get to play this weekend. The lag is just way too bad with about 450 ping, wasting my last couple of premium days. Ah well.....hoping to get some more game time in soon.

Also very nice game in the Chaffee, Risky.

Cthippo, it takes a while to get used to the different tanks and what play style suits you best. Usually depends on my mood. I really enjoy playing sniper tanks, such as the Tiger and TDs, but sometimes i just want to cruise around in the fast/agile russian mediums.

4. j.col

j.col Minimodder

That is a good line to go down, as the kv-1 is good, but the kv-1s is the best tank in its tier imo.
    Just keep your options open, as heavys play a lot different than meds/lights. Bigger gun and better armour but usually much slower.
    Didnt enjoy the lower tiers but tiers 5-8 are the best in the game imo.

Agreed, recently i am prefering mediums to any other class, have a su-152 and a jagdpanther but never play them.
    Still grinding some heavys, but seem to have much more fun in my mediums.

5. mike_dowler

mike_dowler What's a Dremel?

don't underestimate the benefits of training your crew. I know when I started I was all about unlocking new tanks - it meant my crew were always on 75%, and not much good. I am finally getting my SPG crews up to 100%, and it is so much more fun!

6. Risky

Risky Modder

Unfortunately failing to wake up on Monday morning meant I didn't get to play yesterday evening and there was no cash for the 1/2 price M41. Anyway I have 6 tier 6 tanks to get to grips with and I won't be rushing them.

I think I'll carry on grinding out a bit of cash to get the reserve up and then I can relax and give the Chaffee some more attention without worrying that I need to be earning.

7. j.col

j.col Minimodder

Its world of tanks 2nd birthday on the 12th April iirc, so they should have some nice discounts on that weekend, so farm some money and then have a big splash out :D

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

snip

I love the SU152 ( Dat gun ) and I honestly say its the only teir7 I don't mind taking it to the occasional teirX battle, its always funny watching an is7 turn to face a platoon mate allowing to stuff a 152mm gold shell up his backside ( removing 900hp and crippling half the modules )
    profit margins are pretty good ( if you win )

that and when its get top teir, you can pretty much one shot anything on the field, found it much more accurate than the same gun on the kv2, maybe thanks to being more cautious and not being on the front lines with it, allowing you the time to aim in

9. Risky

Risky Modder

Well I'm not goign to have unlovked any tier7s by then. The M41 won't be on sale again, surely and we've just had the equipment special. They could discount Tier VIII premiums but I'm not sure I want the SP or T-34 as I'm not that keep on getting tanks abouve my current tier and both have drawbacks.

I'm guesing gold ammo goes on sale soon and I'll buy a little bit of 105 HEAT and maybe a scattering of others but I rarely remember to switch ammo tyes even if I do have it.

However my Tier Vs are ticking over at a profit. Currently the T1 does very well and even the Tier IV T40 does 10k more often than not. I'll just not get too obsessed about getting double s in the six non-elite tier 6 and that shoudl keep things calm.

10. Cthippo

Right now I'm grinding my Chi-Ha for the M5 Stuart, and playing the T46 and BT-7, as well as an SU26 for when I feel like playing arty. Probably go T46 -> T28 medium, but I'm in no hurry there. I've added the camo net to the SU-26 and T46, and the latter also has the shell rammer, which is kind of necessary on the 3" gun. Still for a T26 kicking around in the garage, but I sold the BT-2 when I got the 7, which is basically a fast BT-2 that gets me onto all the maps.

I've been having awesome games with my NC-31 though, three and four kills per game on the tier 1 maps. I think it's going to get some accessory loving soon with a camo net and improved ventilation. Amazing how many high tier players you see in some of the tier 1 games.

Anyone else find the T18 overpowered? It's as fast as my BT-2, but can one-shot most tier 1 and 2 tanks, and even the tier 3 lights, but is a bugger to kill! Seems like a good candidate for a nerf.

11. Risky

Risky Modder

T18 is fun. I have one:)

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Random questin but does anyone have this lying around still? The file is no longer on rapidshare and i seem to have misplaced it in my storage :(

13. lilgoth89

it wouldn't work anymore unfortunately, replays from older versions of the game never work right anymore, they really should make a replay program, that can open all the replays
    if there is a replay you want keeping, I would suggest recording it in Fraps lol
    also the teams on tonight are appalling...

also still working my way up through the hummel...I do quite like it depends on what mood its in ( yes it has moods ) sometimes I can hit a light tank at the opposite side of the field, and others itll miss stationary heavy's 4 times in a row :wallbash:
    I imagine that all higher teir arty feels like this, looking forward to getting the GW panther though, looks like a nice little step up ( with the mini turret increasing accuracy and a more accurate gun to boot ) might also have snapshot by then, and I can start working on BIA to get my reload time down a little, while boosting everything else ( camo, aiming time, view range, etc etc )

Last edited: 27 Mar 2013
  14. Risky

Risky Modder

some 0.8.3 replays show ok, not sure about earlier ones.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The GWPanther is good, I like it but due to it's higher tier, you are put into harder battles than you get with the Hummel.

This means that you are much much more dependent on your team actually being reasonable otherwise you are simply stranded/raped/slaughtered. The GWPanther is very slow compared to the Hummel so you can't run away from trouble like you used to.

If you get the kind of useless dumb teammates that I have been getting for the last week or so (new batch of ebay accounts on the market? school holidays in Europe?), prepare to go through a LOT of pain and losses with arty...

I have been averaging 2-4 kills per match, usually upwards of 2.5k dmg but the amount of losses is horrendous. Arty can't do it on it's own.

16. lilgoth89

yeah, im finding that the teams have just been horrendous the last week or so, ever since I came back from not being well, its like everyone has forgotten how to kill the scouts, and completely forgotten how to even play ( although they didn't often play well before)...plenty of accoutns still for sale on websites, and with the easter holidays looming, I might end up taking anther few weeks off ^_^
    with arty you need a decent team to do well, you need people to track targets out in the open, not track them behind cover and cry when arty doesn't shoot at them

17. Risky

Risky Modder

I've been thinking that it's surprising you don't see more arty+scout platoons to ensure the arty has somone looking to spot/defend and to give the scout someone to shoot their lit targets.

Tier 6 arty now mathes Tier 6 scout MM (Russian MM table is ahead of the wiki).

18. Cthippo

That's a good idea!

Of course, I need to get something besides my SU-26. I got confederate the other night with 0 kills. Some games I get 15 hits without a single kill. Despite what people say, I think it's hardly OP'd, at least without gold ammo.

Question: is there a penalty for leaving the game after you've been killed to go play another game?

19. lilgoth89

Nope

also SU26 IS op when compared to the other artys its teir ( the turret alone makes it a little OP ) granted its not as op as it once was, but its still ridiculously good, also try to farm confed medels, youll get 750 bonus XP for it ;) which you can either use to unlock the SU5, save as free XP, or use to boost your crew training :rock:

20. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I had my most exciting battle i have ever played yet last night with Hetzer :rock:, 7 kills, i was the last man standing with 4 enemy tanks, killed last 2 enemy with my last 2 shells and finished the game with 20 seconds remaining :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]