1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suragh, 27 Mar 2013.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Hi Crew,

I know I have had a similar thread in the past but I don't want to dig it up again.

I am looking to invest some of my money in monitor upgrades, along with desk stand/brackets. Please fire some suggestions my way. I have looked at the Asus VS247H 24". Lemme know what you think of these... :thumb:

I am willing to spend between £100-£200 per monitor. The reason for upgrading is because I am fed up with the my screen sizes being different to each other and the picture quality is shocking on my 22".

Much Appreciated!

Edit: I prefer 24 inch displays mainly but feel free to fire any other sizes!

Last edited: 27 Mar 2013
    fuus likes this.
  2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Check out the Dell U2412M. It's pretty expensive for your budget, but well worth it.

suragh likes this.
  3. suragh

suragh Derp

Thanks for the suggestion, It looks really nice but yeah.. again - Just a tiny over my budget. Do you own one or have had personal experience with this particular display?

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

suragh likes this.
  5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've got one of these and for the money, I think it's great. The stand is a touch wobbly, but the picture is decent (in sRGB mode) and it's not too draining on the eyes.

Although - if I had more ££ at the time that I bought it, I'd have probably gone for a Dell display.

suragh likes this.
  6. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

suragh likes this.
  7. suragh

suragh Derp

These look awesome! I feel 2 x 27" would look ridiculous on my desk. Nice choice though, thanks. :thumb:

I heard that the stand is bit wobbly from other reviews, however, I will be definitely using a desk stand for the displays.

I do really like the Dell's but I can't decide between the ASUS ones or mmvr/your suggestions, if I were to go for 24"s.. :) - I think I will need to compare these haha.

They look nice but I am really after bigger sized screens. Sorry that I didn't point this out clearer. If they do however have a bigger range then I will take these into account.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. Rep on the way to you all. :D

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

LG do the IPS234 as well - a friend has a pair and they're great. Same is true about the stands, but that's no problem for you! :)

9. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Yeah, the IPS234V is the 23 inch version. Above 23 inch obviously the Dell 2412M is a strong contender

EDIT: Hope you like your new rep title Suragh! :thumb:

10. suragh

suragh Derp

Hahahaha just noticed! It was president before xD

I ended up buying 2 Dell 2412M's in the end. I really appreciate the time you guys took to suggest a few displays for me.

I cannot wait to get these bad boys up and running!

11. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I'm very jealous!

12. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Now I don't have a multiple monitor setup, so what I am going to say might be pita.
    Getting an IPS panel give you wide view angles, so you perfectly see your screen no mater how you adjust the monitor and how you sit. Which I expect a possible annoyance. Is there any truth to this? Help me out those with multiple monitors!

Now back to something I know:
    The Dell U2412M he non-glossy, will make you be able to perfectly see your screen, and because the border are also non glossy, it should make the border issue of any consumer grade monitor not worst than it is, if you are distracted by it.

The U2412M is an excellent monitor for the money. I think, among the monitor refresh of late from Dell, it's the best value for your money. It's a low price, and give you a lot of a features that you expect from high end grade monitors, such as non-glossy, fully adjustable, sturdy, 0 wobble, good colors (for it's price range), wide view angles, and good quality.

suragh likes this.
  13. suragh

suragh Derp

I will let you know when they are setup and powered :D

Cheers for the informations, I am really happy with the choice. I did have a glance at the monitor thread you have before I purchased. Just wanted to get some clarification before I bought.

Thanks for the help :D