1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

The 3 shots of straight gin that await me tomorrow night :/

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Just get water works and aggression I'm afraid : (

it is a new side of her character i have never seen before. I'm sorry to hear you are in a similar position, I do hope there is some kind of resolution. I think is fair to say we are in the age of anxiety and mental health issues. It is not normal for a 27 year old woman to be this way.

3. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

I had glandular fever a month ago which completely knocked me out for a week and I have felt so tired and rough ever since. Then two weeks after that I woke up at 3:15am with the most agonising pain in one side of my face face, cried for two hours, figured it wasn't getting better so decided to see the out of hours doctor and found out it was the worst case of sinusitis he had seen in years! Even the strong painkillers I have for my knee wouldn't even touch the pain :( I now seem to be picking up every bug going which is completely out of the ordinary for me, before this year I had only ever had 4 sick days in my entire working life, this year it is up to 6 already! :(

The environment I work in is a breeding ground for bugs unfortunately, but I think this long weekend should provide me with some much needed rest and relaxation :D

Also my latest ultrasound results from the hospital haven't arrived yet which is frustrating as I only had the ultrasound late because my consultant forgot to book it so it means I need to chase it up next week with my physio, over 2 years later and the NHS are still trying to hope my knee will magically heal itself! :rolleyes:

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Something is making her freak out. Your unenviable job is to decrypt her and figure out what it is, because although she knows full well what it is, she ain't gonna tell you.

I think you're broken mate, take yourself back to the retailer you got yourself from for a full refund or replacement. I recommend an upgrade instead of a straight swap ;)

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

If you're serious about that, I don't take her with me when I go to uni so I'd be happy to lend her to you during the off-season (assuming you pay for the extra bills of course).

Kinda wish the weather was a bit nicer to allow me to go out for a proper drive, roll on summer!

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Most of you guys know I work nights. So havibg stayed awake till around 1pm I thought I would catch up on some sleep and then have the rest of the afternoon/evening to myself.

Why is this ruinning my life. Well fr one thing I woke up at 8pm. And proceeded to go back to sleep and it is jow 3am on Friday.

I am fully awake.....I guess I will play Bioshock Infinite.

To top it off my mother wad possibly home tgis afternoon early evening. And if she could have been bothered she could have woken me up.

I know it isnt her job I am 26 but for the love of relix why leave me sleeping all day.

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I've killed yet another screen. ._.

This time a Dell 1908WFP, Power-supply board shorted on the back of the panel, causing quite an explosion. I don't know if anything survived the short, the power supply definitely didn't, but I'm not sure about the actual Panel or the Video input board.

On the plus side; I've found a place in the UK that stocks AU Optronics M215HW01 V.B panels, ie; The exact part that goes in one of my dead BenQ screens, so I might be able to get back onto 1080p goodness, even if it is LED backlit TN. (Sadly my Older 2220HD, which has a CCFL backlight, is impossible to find replacement panels for at a sane price. £220 for a panel, when the screen was £100 new? Jog on.)

I don't suppose anyone happens to have a dead screen lying around that uses the same panel, however? (So far as I know; A few specific Samsung 22" TV's use them, and the aforementioned BenQ models.) I'd much rather get it from one of you chaps, because I know you're not going to charge me almost 80 quid just for a panel. (Either V.0 or V.B panels, the G2220HD takes the V.0, the G2222HDL takes the V.B)

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I totally see the problem.

You're responsible.

Put the smiles per gallon ahead of the responsibility!

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't burn enough gallons for it to be worth it tbh.

Gonna see what I can earn this summer and then I may have a few more options.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Got all the parts for my "blade" server, or so I thought.

Started building, and discovered that the backplanes in the case have different connectors to the online photos.
    This means the data cables I bought (SFF8087 -> 4x SATA) should have been SFF8087 -> SFF8087. :wallbash:
    Also discovered that the PSU I already had has cables too short to reach the sockets on the backplanes (Molex)
    EDIT: PSU cables do fit after all, but I still need to hit scan's counter tomorrow for the SAS cables.

SFF8087 looks like this:-
    [​IMG]
    (image from wikipedia)

Last edited: 29 Mar 2013
  11. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I wish - nowhere for me to keep a car (even one as small as the Beat) at Cambridge either. I love the Kei sportsters of the early-90s - it's a toss-up between the Beat and the AZ-1 for which I'd go for, though. How much did the pint-sized roadster set you back?

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I got mine for £1500 but prices vary wildly. If you wait for the end of summer, they all start appearing at £1000-£2000 rather than now ehere the lowest price advertised seems to be ~£3000.

AZ-1's are a lot rarer and hence will set you back probably about £4000 if you're lucky.

We're (un)fortunate enough to be away from the centre of town so we have parking space on the road outside however the insurance quote I got for a change of address was £400 more, which would have been silly as there weren't many opportunities to use it there (the lack of boot-space and rear seats limit what you can do with it).

13. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I screwed up on a charity gig I was recording last night forgot to turn the +48v switches on to power the xlr microphone on my camera,also forgot to set the audio record to xlr Mic with the result the camera used the built in Mic which got heavily overloaded I'm hoping the audio correction software can help but I doubt it what a plonker

Teelzebub likes this.
  14. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Feeling sick as a dog. Got flu or cold, add that to asthma, and allergies, well, I feel beyond awful.

I'm also practically allergic to my girlfriend, courtesy of her cat.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

15. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

[​IMG]

For some reason I keep getting locked out of my hotmail account....

Last edited: 1 Apr 2013
  16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Listening to a colleague at work is frankly irritating me beyond releif. If I could I would tell him to grow the F up.

Cant stand him what so ever.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Calls for double post.

Kojima Productions have chosen to not use David Hayter to voice Solid Snake/Big Boss.

/&$^#^$&@*

18. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Yes, but gullwing doors.

Still, £1,500's positively affordable - when I have somewhere to keep one, I'll have to keep my eyes open.

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Letter from a debt collection agency saying i owe orange over £1000...

wut do

20. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Trying to RMA a EVGA GTX 670

Seriously its under warranty just accept the ****ing rma without making me jump through hoops :miffed: