1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics My Watercooled QUAD SLI GTX 670 4GB Cards Powered with 2 PSU's **Benchmarks PG10**

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 25 Feb 2013.

1. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Simon it has to be said you're an out and out lunatic!!! lol

Get benchmarking you slacker :D

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Haha :D

Thanks, and thanks! :D

Soon, very soon. :D

Yeah, I could look into that. :)

It's my 30th next month, 30! :eeek: so a present from the Missus. :D

Yep, I agree. :D

4.5Hrs sleep today after an 11hr night shift. 7Hrs building my rig. Started work again at 7pm for another 11-12hr shift. :)
    That is dedication! And I feel Epic! :D

Benchies real soon! :)

jinq-sea likes this.
  3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm really wishing I was the Dominican guy from New Jersey who won the 338 million Powerball lottery yesterday. I probably wouldn't even build a rig that crazy lmao!

4. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

lol, that's nuts. Awesome setup

5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Brilliant. Now to work out which member of BT is your missus... ;)

6. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

If I was her I'd play innocent and poke some pin pricks in your tubing ;)

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I've always found that the shrouds on top of a waterblock somehow made the card look more complete...

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

THIS!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

You are an evil man/woman...

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Si - you've been very quiet - has the missus discovered the other graphics card...? ;)

siliconfanatic likes this.
  10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Having major issues with getting this running....:( I think its the EVGA SC card that's causing the issues due to the different power targets, as the card Self OC's to match my F.T.W cards, and so it's copying all paramounts of the F.T.W card, which is then making the SC card run unstable.

So going to spend the weekend trying to locate the issues. Hopefully without too much hair pulling out!

So with this on top of work, and not enough sleep, it's caught up with me. So the last 2 days, I've been catching up on some sleep. So hence my absence the last couple.of days.

I'll reply to you all tomorrow, as I hate replying and trying to multi quote on my phone. :)

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

any time I have had multiple power supplies(not on a pc but work stuff) I connect the commons from each one on the dc side together. You might have already done this, (I'm on my phone so not going to check back through the thread) it might not be relevant to your problems but I said I would pass on the info.

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It's not PSU related - As I use a dual to single ATX adaptor. The second PSU is connected via pin 3 & 4. (Pin 4 & 6 is what I usually use to jump a PSU.)

The power targets I mean, are to do with the graphic cards. My F.T.W cards can use 145% power set in the bios, but the SC can only use 122% power set in the bios.
    The display drivers OC the SC card to match my 3 F.T.W cards. So the display drivers are changing the vbios parameters to the SC card to match the F.T.W cards clocks and power paramounts.
    So I think this is the problem.

I can run heaven benchmark in window mode, but if I try fullscreen, it crashes, and then revets back to desktop in sliced sections. Same as any game too. :(

13. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

IIRC unless you use overclocking software the all the cards should down clock to the slowest card in SLI unless things have changed. Or if you have EVGA cards you can use their precision software to sync the cards to the same clocks. Just use the SC clock speeds and it will match the other 3 to the same clocks. Or I know this kind of defeats the purpose you could use the last card and dedicate it to all the physx calculations in the Nvidia control panel.

14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I was under that impression too. But in my setup, it is not the case. I guess if you use 2 cards, that maybe the case.
    If I use sync, then all cards lock to 1006MHz core, but the issue still remains. :confused:

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Interesting - that means my superclocked variants must be limited to 122% as well.

Good luck my friend!

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Pete, send me a copy of your vbios, and I will check it out for you. :)
    I should be finished work by 7am, so going to have a full day at getting to the bottom of this. :)

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Cool, I'll be home soon, and will have a look and play around with it. :)

19. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Good luck with it you crazy overclocking maniac.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Your max power limit is 122% - Your vbios max OCed Core is 1267MHz.

So by applying the 1212.5mV, your cards will boost up to 1267Mhz core.

Would you like me to mod this vbios and send it back for you to test? - You can flash it to card 3, and watch how it works using Afterburner with OSD enabled.
    And if stable, and heat isn't a issue, then you could flash all 3. :)
    The good thing about my mod, is your card will throttle when it gets to it's 70C threshold.

The flashing process will be very easy. :)