1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Thank you bit-tech

Discussion in 'General' started by deathtaker27, 6 Apr 2013.

1. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Hey,

First off how many of you looked at this as it said rant?

But onto the serious stuff, my rant it this: Thank you bit-tech, you have taught me loads in the past few years, from the noob I was to what I have become, you have helped me with my uni work and my own personal studies.

I hope I have helped some of you, but from the majority I have learnt new things, so this thread is a thank you to everyone who has helped me in anyway small or great.

I have never met such a welcoming friendly forum.

Thanks

DT.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You're welcome. It's just what I do :p

P.S. Any alcoholic beverages at all tonight sir?

3. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Very nice of you :)

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

No I'm reasonably sober, just had a call from work at silly hours asking me for help that made me grateful I have such an awesome community to get help from

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Reasonably sober? Reasonably?? I'm going to have to ask you to come down to the station sir.

deathtaker27 likes this.
  6. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yes, see if you can walk in a straight line, while looking up at the ceiling and alternative touching your nose, while singing "Oohhh okay kokay kokay"

If you can't your in no position to be in charge of a keyboard Sir!

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

At first I thought it might be a complaint about adverts or quality of reviews..then I thought not another good bye thread.

But it's just a thank you which is sweet gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

[​IMG]

8. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I will not deny I was slightly intoxicated when I created this thread, but I still would have created it now.

To add to my original post:

We have such a wonderful community, with few visible issues between members, everyone gets along and the mods do a great job of keeping the spam low and the users real. Without them we would have spam everywhere and it would ruin things.

I was shocked when I worked out just how much people knew, I expected computing knowledge, but we have people on here who are experienced in everything it seems, from motoring and bikes, to pens, razors etc. I know if I have a question that I would be able to find an answer from someone here.

I find this community to be extremely charitable in prizes and give aways, there is always a donation going on in the marketplace, and the prices on anything are always lower then most other places. With TSG always giving away some ridiculously expensive hardware, or collection of games and other people also starting to do that it brings a smile to my face every time, I have even been lucky enough to win a couple of games in those.

So yeah, Bit-Tech is an amazing place tbh, and thank you all for making it what it is

9. Asouter

Asouter --------

Nobody likes a kiss ass, but good to see somebody just happy with his lot

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

You're welcome. It was all down to me.

What's that? No, I haven't been inactive for, like, 2 years :worried:

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I also find this is one of the greatest communities on the internet. I've used other PC related forums and found people to be rude or just downright patronizing. I can't thank every single person who gave me advice or teachings; but i appreciate it all the same. People are so helpful and there is so much knowledge on these pages nowadays.

12. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Have to also say this forum has been wonderful recently :D Have been able to sell some old kit, get worthwhile advice for my own build and seeing lots of shiny things :D
    So also, thanks from me to everyone :)

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I do!

I also wish to speak in favour of drunk posting, 99% of my bit-tech activity is conducted under the influence. (Conceal your shock and surprise.)

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I was going to make a shock and awe joke.

Then I realized that was a bad idea. Shirley you're joking right?

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Bit tech also has a very special place in my heart going from building my first computer to other things in live

Thanks chaps