1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Bombing

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Blazza181, 15 Apr 2013.

1. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

More of those in North Carolina... :worried:

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Thanks for stepping on the joke Nexxo....

4. Nexxo

I'll get my coat...

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The way I see it, these people are seeking attention for their cause, whatever that may be. If we give them the attention they are seeking, haven't they won? Thus, we should not bring the full weight of justice upon them but keep it quiet.

6. Nexxo

The problem with terrorist attacks is that they aren't quiet; they're designed to attract attention --and a response. That response can validate their cause or discount it.

If you go to war with them ("War on Terror™") then you validate their notion that they are warriors, martyrs, fighting for a cause. If treat them like ordinary criminals, then you discount it; they are not soldiers and martyrs fighting for a cause, they are just common violent thugs.

We already have a legal framework in place for people who like to kill other people. Contrary to the beliefs of the Bush administration, it doesn't need the creation of a special new one.

7. Risky

Risky Modder

It's always good to jump to conclusions and get own with your own prejudices. You'll find I commented that you couldn't tell given that the outcome of extreme political view looks much the same regardless of their flavor. But then I don't have an anti-American axe to grind and a head full of Guardian editorials to empty out on the thread.

8. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

On topic: i retract my previous claim that the bombers are home brew nut jobs. Now theyre russian nutjobs with a-q style training. Oh, joy.

Saw it on news this morning: seems big bro got his chest pumped full of bullets after a high speed chase. Apparantley an errant thought told him "maybe i should go kill a cop"

Now an insane task force is forming a perimeter around a small area. And doning le S.W.A.T gear.

I'm waiting to see the look on the nutters face when he strolls out norris style and sees the army of cops with their best gear on. Whom he has done a very good job of royally pissing off.
    Hope they pump every single magazine they've got right into his chest. As long as they put a couple into his lap first though.

A tea party and now this? Whats next? Priests throwing holy grenades into the streets? :lol:

9. hellblazer.doom

hellblazer.doom What's a Dremel?

Two brothers, from Caucasus region of southern Russia with good prospects, educated in America after arriving there in 2002 at an early age/before they were born(conflicting reports). Their family seems to think they had good prospects as the younger brother received a scholarship etc; so maybe all this was a ruse and for reasons yet to be discovered they decide to kill innocent people. The region they came from was mainly Muslim and the older brother was apparently interested in religious politics. So after they do the deed they stay around Boston, surely knowing that CCTV and the vast amount of footage available would identify them pretty quickly. After their pictures are all over the media they rob a store near MIT and while they are at it, kill a copper in his car, steal an SUV and basically attract as much attention to themselves as humanly possible. They are stopped by police, there is a shootout. The older brother dies, younger gets away and remains at large.

This is what I've put together from what is being reported and I think this was at best amateur. That's the problem actually because these guys obviously weren't stupid.

Mother spoke to media: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARE9rclZCqw&feature=youtu.be
    Uncle as well http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22223015
    Father: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22224271

Last edited: 19 Apr 2013
  10. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

It is slightly ridiculous both the number of different law enforcement groups there are out in Boston now and how heavily armed they are - list I saw of the various groups involved: national guard, state police, state police swat, boston police, boston police swat, watertown police, watertown police swat, fbi, fbi hrt, atf, cia and ntsb.

Makes you wonder what it would be like if this sort of thing happened in the UK - the numbers involved on the ground are equivalent to the whole British army deployment to Afghanistan at its peak.

Good set of pictures here, really odd seeing so many armed men and vehicles in suburban streets.

11. Nexxo

Ever hear of idle speculation? ;)

OK, my bad. It's not one nutter but a pair, and possibly Islamist rather than right-wing libertarian (but of it comforts you: US politics breeds both). But since I've just been speculating on a forum, and not organising a witch hunt and baying for certain political groups to be put against the wall, it's all good, mmmmokay? Let's lighten up.

12. walle

walle Minimodder

Well regardless of who they are we should be grateful that they appear to have been incompetent. Had they been more knowledgeable they could have caused far more damage, killing hundreds.

I think all of us could agree on that.

13. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

To feed the conspiratorial fellows. Supposedly RIPA or whatever its current equivalent is was passed whilst this investigation is being focused on.

14. walle

walle Minimodder

I don't care much for conspiracy theories that are floating around but there's no question in my mind that government has been opportunistic and quick to use terrorism as an excuse for warfare and for gutting the Constitution.

Intentions are not irrelevant, but at the end governments, and people, are judged not on their intentions, but on their deeds.

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, it seems it's over.

16. hellblazer.doom

hellblazer.doom What's a Dremel?

If this man survives(they have requested an ambulance), he will never get out of prison assuming he isn't given the death penalty. Good he has been captured though.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Of course he won't get out of the prison and he will get a death penalty. He can't get any less for 4 murders and 170+ injured, US gives death penalty for less. He will be alone on the death row for next 15-20 years and then he will be executed (unless USA abolishes death penalty).

While Massachusets doesn't have death penalty, this case is at federal level.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

More so, they would be quick to execute him if it happens. Make an example.

19. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Well, I don't quite know what to say. I'm happy to hear they caught the sick ******* and pumped a few in him while they were at it. Now we have a chance to put to fear of god into him. Then send him to the proverbial gallows.

Frankly, I hope he is dealt the swiftest of trials and gets the justice that he damned well deserves. Pardon the heavy swearing.:worried:

20. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Well, I for one am glad that they caught him alive. If they had just pumped a few in him and killed him, then we likely would have had to put up with endless conjecture about their motives. Instead, we will get to interview at least one of the suspects, and we'll get a more definitive answer as to what happened.

Then we can argue ad nauseum about the answers.