1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Final Check

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Poulter, 25 Apr 2013.

1. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

£280 is an awful lot for a 7950. For £20 more you can get a 7970. Also with Haswell just round the corner, you might be better waiting for that unless you really can't wait a couple of months.

3. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

I hear the 7970 doesn't overclock as well, the 7950 can go up to the stock speed of a 680 without much trouble, and i hear this is the best one to do it with. Plus i just did it from scan as its easy to link, its 235 from amazon :D

4. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

If your a gamer, or install big apps like Adobe applications, that 128GB SSD wont last you very long at all. You may end up saving yourself half a days effort in the future if you have to upgrade by just buying a bigger SSD now.

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Hasn't there been some issues with overclocking the Sapphire cards. I remember reading something about LLC limits or something. Might be worth a quick check up on first.

6. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

+1 on the bigger SSD I have a 256GB SSD and after windows install, and steam games I only have 70GB left. I have not even finished installing my other programs I.E. Adobe.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Where on earth did you here that!? they'll overclock well over 1GHz. you only have to check bt's review to see that they're beasts. Plus you can flash stock card to GHz versions.

If you can get it that cheap then fair enough, but then again haven't you got a thread about this card and it's temp problems?

8. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

This is true, the problem people were having with overclocking was them not knowing about it it seems, they have two bios, one is the boost/already slightly overclocked one. The other is the bog standard clocked version. The 'slower' bios is the one that can be overclocked, but isn't eh default one, people were having some problems with not knowing this :D
    Also the newer version 2x8 pin is the one that i'll be getting, will ask the company to make sure of this, and that one has no problems as far as i can see :D 128gb is all i need, i don't have a million games, and with the games that i currently play i will still have a good 50gb left over :D If i need one in the future i will just upgrade :D

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Dude - are you just trolling? :eyebrow:

2 other threads of the same thing, and no buy...:sigh:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=258751&page=2

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=257979

Now I've given you my advice, and my experiences - I have spec'd you the best PC you can get for your budget, and then you go and change everything, and the price goes up on a build that doesn't even include a case, and with Slower/Less quality parts...:duh::wallbash:

Teelzebub and The_Crapman like this.
  10. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Yes because i like to look around before i simply take one persons opinion on the matter, the parts aren't slower, i have no need for a motherboard like that, when i won't be running SLI and this motherboard gets amazing reviews for OCing and is 50 quid cheaper. The 7950 will run the same as a 680 when OC'd which i plan on learning to do ( i hear its not that difficult). However i did listen to alot of the advice you gave, i got the 3gb, so as to future proof it, cut down on the case (only £50) so as to get a better monitor (play MMOs so the extra 120 pixels is worth it)
    Got a better PSU and upgraded the cooler/SSD.
    I did listen to what you said, took it onboard, and adapted things that i was told by other people too. Honestly your advice was amazing but if everyone only listened to one person then they wouldn't get the best :D
    This build is an adaptation of what alot of people have told me, collected the best parts of what they have said and put it into one build. The price has gone up because my partner is now buying the Case for me, meaning i could afford to spend the extra on other things (the 7950 i will get from amazon for 240, making it under the 1100 mark)
    But like i said, i liked the advice you gave, so ty for it, i didn't mean to offend you by not going with everything you suggested :(
    EDIT: Haven't managed to buy it yet as i was still researching everything that i was going to get, making sure it was the best i could get etc.