1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Tech Supooort! My favorite scene :clap:

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the man with the iron fists 3/10

whut? :eyebrow:

3. October

October Mariachi Style

Aw really, I was hoping it would be fun...

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Django - 9/10

Watched this on the flight to Orlando - One of the best films I have seen in a long time! - No over the top special effects which ruining most films IMO.

Gangster Squad - 8/10

A group of the best cops try to take down the biggest Gangster Family. These sort of films ate right up my street!
    Worth a watch if you like this type of film .

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

It is kind of fun, go watch it.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Movie 43: Idon'tknowwhatthehelljusthappened/10

Just bizarre and hilarious, watch it :D

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Star Trek: Into Darkness: 7/10

It IS Wrath of Khan - sort of

8. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Bad lieutenant:port of call new orleans - 11/10

That was one of the funniest films I've ever seen, I'm not entirely sure it was meant to be a comedy, but I was pissing myself laughing the entire length. off his face nick cage goes around stealing drugs, there is nothing not to like.

(This Clip nicely sums up the film)

9. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

take you never watched the orignal bad lietenent then

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The Lords of Salem
    7/10
    It's the new Rob Zombie flick, and for a change it's not splatter-gore. I am a massive RZ Fanboy, both musically and in his film efforts. This film is better than he ever was before, but sadly suffers from what I can only describe as not quite confident enough storytelling. Especially for an atmospheric thriller, this should be a bit smoother... but I did enjoy the film.

The Host
    5/10
    Stephanie Meyer drivel. And I only noticed that it's ACTUALLY a SM film a day after watching it. It's "lonely girl who has a reason to shag two boys, rather than having to chose between beastiality and necrophilia. - with aliens"

30 Nights of Paranormal Activity with the Devil inside the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    2(or so)/10
    Rubbish, not funny, makes Scary Movie seem like Oscar winning stuff.

Last edited: 13 May 2013
  11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The Great Gatsby - 9/10

The most recent release, of course. Watched in 2D. Novel films always have quite a lot to live up to, and this is no exception. But it does an impressive job of it, follows the novel quite closely and isn't likely to upset any fans. It's visually stunning and much of the acting was excellent, important for such a dialogue and expression based film. My only complaints are some slight differences in how characters are percieved, in my impression. And the soundtrack. It was tempting to give this an eight simply because the soundtrack, but that would be a little unfair because this aspect will likely be loved by many. It's a matter of expectations and direction for the movie, I'd liked to have seen greater influence of music from the time. There were several tracks that I thought did this excellently, but a few ruined it for me. "Let's drop some popular artists to appeal to the younger generation!".

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Seven Psychopaths - Watchable with some funny dark humour moments. One to pick out of the bargain bin if you have nothing else to do. 6/10.

13. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Ironman 3 4/10

Sorry guys but I think I saw the writing on the wall with The Averages. They seem to be throwing everything at the screen and people like the bits that stick and forget the rest. Unfortunately, this one just doesn't have enough that sticks.

It's not that I don't get it, I'm a huge fan and understand it completely. The execution of it all is just too weak. I hear Ben Kingsley has been getting some harsh criticism about this role but I thought he was brilliant.

That's two turkey's in a row now (not including The Averages which was a successful turkey) for this franchise and think it's time they start concentrating on their "A" characters before people start to turn off from comic book movies.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

People turn off? I read that Iron Man 3 hit $950 million worldwide recently. The cash cow has plenty of milk left in it.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Jack Reacher
    6/10
    It's OK. There's nothing WRONG with it per se, but perhaps it's time that someone wrote a new "crime thriller cookbook" for Hollywood, because this one's getting a bit long in the teeth.

Halo 4 - Forward Unto Dawn
    7/10
    I watched the film release of this, and it's surprisingly good.
    The character development is sub par (for most of the film), but it made me itch to buy and play Halo4... a LOT.

16. Snips

Yep, it's a great kids movie and easy choice for kids party's. The Averages made over $1.5 Billion with such a generic story it's almost embarrassing. IM3 is getting a good rub off that.

Bar Batman, which was done completely right, Marvel are just supplying popcorn fodder for the masses without the quality of the first movies like IM, Captain America and Thor. The sequels just don't cut it.

Man of Steel looks like it's going in the right direction.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Biggest problem I can forsee with the Man of Steel is that Zack Snyder has proved he can recreate comic book images directly on screen, Watchmen was a particularly good example of this, but he seems to leave out the spark of what makes it good or even great.

I'm not the biggest Superman fan but I do have to admit that MoS does look good and it seems to be taking an interestingly different direction but the trouble with trailers and TV spots is that they can promise so much but simply don't deliver - I'm look at you two, Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises.

I'll still go and see it, but I won't allow myself to get drawn in by the hype.

18. Snips

I thought TDKR and Prometheus did exactly what they were advertised to do. Prometheus corrected a franchise away from the mistakes since Aliens. TDKR finished off a brilliant franchise that as IM has proven, will be very difficult to top.

But let's get it straight, I'm arguing the toss about a comic book movie and how it's turned out on screen, I'm sure I have better priorities in life ;)

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I have high hopes for MoS too - after the latest trailer (on before IM3) it looks very decent indeed. Certainly better than the last reboot.

20. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

bryan singers superman returns was kind of a sequel to the ols superman and superman 2 its why marlon brando re-apeared as jor el and story elements point to things in the first 2 films as well. personaly i thought it was good not perfect but good. the reboot MoS does look ace tho