1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Obsidian 350D Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 20 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Last edited: 20 May 2013
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I know you're on record calling for the death of optical drives, Antony, but some of us want to keep them. As such, this case looks to be pretty useless for anything other than AIO watercooling. A decent sized radiator would obscure the 5 1/4" bays, and shoe-horning a double rad into the front fan mounts means doing away with all the SSD and HDD mounts - not something I'd be keen to do after shelling out £95.

I'm on the lookout for a good, quiet, mATX case designed with full loop watercooling in mind; without sacrificing the optical drive bays - this case comes up well short, especially considering the price. I've yet to find any case that fits the bill, but I doubt "no worse than anyone else" is the accolade the 350D is shooting for.

Last edited: 20 May 2013
    YEHBABY likes this.
  3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I can't really tell from the pics but it does look like a 5.25" drive must just fit in the lower of the two drive bays even with something like a H100i installed (maybe).

4. David

Yep, that's what I mean. Anything other than a AIO like H100 and both bays would be obscured.

YEHBABY and GeorgeK like this.
  5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Ah yes - you're exactly right (sorry - didn't read your post fully) (well actually I did but I'm knackered and even though I read it twice I still didn't pick up on the fact that you said AIO...)

David likes this.
  6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I'm guessing the market for people who want room for a custom watercooling setup, and still use an optical drive and need a mATX case is quite small.
    And really it's nothing a bit of modding couldn't sort out, there's plenty of room at the bottom if you move the 3.5" drive bay.

7. David

If you're going to start ripping out drive bays, why would you cough up 95 quid for the case?

YEHBABY and lp rob1 like this.
  8. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

its massive :(

9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

I have one.
    It is a long long way from being massive.

Tags: Add Tags