1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Metro last light

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 14 May 2013.

1. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I don't like auto-aim even with a controller. The only exception being that I find an optional lock activated by a physical button acceptable sometimes... but then, for me, it detracts from the skill of the shooting.

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Yup, exactly. So I wonder what goes through the heads of these developers. Are they at all in touch with PC gaming?

I have no trouble with them adding an auto aim option... Have it in options menu... have it disabled by default.

3. dactone

dactone dact-one

Go on any pc forum and say ''I play fps with a controller'' and see what abuse comes your way .
    I never play with auto aim either kinda defeats the object :p

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Rather ironically you've already disproved your point, as you are now the second person to say that in this thread on BT, which is very much a PC Forum - and so far, no abuse has been forthcoming.

The abuse in this situation comes from people who are PC elitists who can't see the other side of the coin. More often than not, this one sidedness makes their arguments seem weak, and unsubstantiated. Humorously though, spouting all this anti console stuff, makes them look as silly as the very people they hate the most - 'dumbed down' console gamers. :duh:

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I think the thing that worries me about the idea that there would be auto-aim as a configurable option outside of a traditional game menu, like a txt file, is that the design, difficulty and wielding and use of weapons may have been effected.

Would seem unlikely, but possible though upon inspection in my mind. Plus, this is the sort of game where you can except an over-zealous difficulty setting or two(depending which version you bought :eyebrow:).

Myself, I have no problems with consoles. I just pay enough for the little gaming I do on PC already and can't be bothered to have multiple machines. Also I like the up close and personal nature of PC gaming. But the days are gone perhaps when you could say "look at the size of the game world" to a console gamer and to be met with envy.

Also to be fair to consoles, if I was playing Dishonored on an Xbox I wouldn't be getting CCC.exe crash on me because of some strange issue with an Update to it as of late.

Swings and roundabouts and horses for courses

Last edited: 20 May 2013
  6. dactone

dactone dact-one

I'm just speaking in 'general'.I'm sure its happened here there and everywhere. Just puzzles me when somebody has the need to tell somebody else how a game should be played .

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

:eyebrow:

8. Stanley Tweedle

I think it comes down to whether or not someone has a console. There are PC gamers here who have consoles as well and those people will obviously resent anyone being anti console.

I don't have any statistics to be able to say whether PC gamers (those without a console) are now in a minority. I think what happens is people gradually become normalized to the situation. So a PC game that is now a console game where you can mod a text file to turn it back into a PC game is considered perfectly acceptable to anyone who has both PC and console.

To someone who is purely PC it's cause for concern.

Despite what you say about this being a PC forum... I get the strong feeling it is not. I think it's more a case of many here having both PC and console.

I never was a console person I must say. After the Atari 2600 I moved on to computer games and never really saw a need to play both. I also remember the words of sony at PS3 E3 where they said the PS3 will be much more than just a games machine. It will be a super computer you can use to control your lighting and make weather predictions. What I became aware of post launch was a gradual locking down of the sony PS3 system to prevent people from doing anything other than playing games.

I'm never going to like consoles no matter how many console gamers on this forum or any other forum dislike my disliking of the console.

However, I'm not going to say that consoles shouldn't exist and that everyone should play PC games. That's not reality and I do think ultimately people should have choices.

I just don't think a PC game should have auto aim enabled and that you should be forced to edit a config file to disable it. If that alienates me from the console gamers here then so be it.

"the lowest of the low" = the hardware. A console system. For a PC version I expect auto aim disabled. I even accepted crysis 2 although it was a console game. They at least disabled auto aim eventually and released the DX11 patch.

And although bit tech is pro-console... there are still plenty who would resent auto aim on a PC game. I've read no end of comments along these lines on gamespot.

9. Stanley Tweedle

Ah.... So I am calling console gamers idiots then.

Oh dear.

Well I can't get out of that one...

Unless....

My computer's been hacked!!! I am the victim of computer hacking and I did not say these things!!!!

I don't know why I get so worked up over a computer game.

I need console anger management therapy.

10. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

By the way, I don't own a console, but I'm not anti-console. I think that being "anti-console" is a bit blinkered: there are good games on all platforms, from the PC to Xbox to Android and all points in between.

11. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I HAVE A CONSOLE :D

xbox 360 - and I play precisely one game on it, trials evolution. and before that was released, I played trials HD on it.

And now Trials Gold is finally available on the PC - it's time for me to sink more money into the franchise and purchase the games again just so i can get into the global top 1,500 on a different platform - sadly that's all truths and no jokes haha.

Auto-aim - I'm still fairly certain lots of FPS pc games have auto aim, and that option is on by default the first time you boot the game - I am going to look at my library when I am home and find out. but I'm almost certain in most games I have to actively disable it the first time I play the game - more often than not, not using a config file though.

12. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I always read through the standard config before cracking on with playing... so I personally wouldn't know what it was like with a Mouse. Bet it is infuriating though... Like watching someone try pick up something that you don't think is heavy, but they do. Or like a niggling dream where you can't punch someone hard enough. :eeek:

13. Stanley Tweedle

Yup, I do seem to have a bee in my ass about consoles. Also I think any point I may have had is lost when I call console gamers idiots.

:(

law99 likes this.
  14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Quick, edit the original post with the word "genii"

Nobody'll know ;)

15. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Is this thread about Metro Last Light? Anyways good game enjoying so far.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So I put a few hours in this morning. And I am quite enjoying it. Though I fracking hate spiders so the spider section gave me the willies.

I just quit at the last check point as I need to get some sleep.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'll be playing through it again this weekend on the hard difficulty, though I won't be coughing up for the Ranger DLC - you could play as a Ranger for free in 2033, so I'm a little irked that you have to pay more to play it without a HUD*.

*Yes, I know there's a little more to it than that (before some pedant insists on correcting me) - call it poetic licence.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pretty sure someone will work out how to get around the no hud stuff.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, looks like there are trainers for it already; but I'd rather it was an existing in-game option. People are just looking for ways to justify DLC now - the Dunwall DLC for Dishonored is a bit steep for what you get too.

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Agreed I thought that was crap and a waste of money tbh