1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Curiosity finishes and prize revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 28 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

What an absolute joke. People spend months playing that "game" only to have the prize won by someone who played it an hour before the end.

Not really surprised coming from this guy. Populous was the only good game he created.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure almost everything Bullfrog released was outstanding, and changed the world of PC gaming for the better. But each to their own, he has lost his way since the mid 90s to be fair to you.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Because giving one person in the world god level status in a game can't end badly at all, can it..

5. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Stanley - I agree. What a joke. Peter is all about self publishing. So no, I don't agree it is a 'a worthy prize'. Its utter rubbish. The way he talked it up as being a life changing prize at the end. So if Godus sells a few million copies, the winner will have what, his name or image used?

BAH. Glad I never played it, regretting I backed Godus.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Plus a percentage of proceeds from in-game purchases, which - if Godus sells a few million copies - could add up to a tidy sum.

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be in the minority here and say I think that's a brilliant prize. Well played Molyneux.

8. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Yup, being a virtual character in a game that's probably gonna be as unpopulous as his recent games isn't anything wonderful. If the winner gets a percentage from sales of godus then he shouldn't quit his day job.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea. I feel sorry for the guys who played the long game but he was clear from the start that it'll only be the last person clicking.

Also people seem to forget: Can you imagine EA or anyone else offering a slice of the proceeds?

Even the 'controversy' surrounding the fact it's only for a limited time, what did anyone expect? This kid would be playing into his 40s? It isn't an MMO afaik and so I doubt most people play any game more than a few months. How many indie titles have more than a year life in their sales anyway?

RPS are going off on their high-horse and all the comments fall in line predictably. I'm pretty much seeing more hate directed to Molyneux personally and this is just a proxy for that anger. Yes the video was AWFUL but I doubt he could make anything now without people calling him a tosser. The gaming industry is an unforgiving monster. If you don't satisfy their demands with triple AAA addiction you're demonized.

Tags: Add Tags