1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Metro: Last Light Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 28 May 2013.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Ah, so a stealth approach is required then,
    meaning more knockouts rather than kills. There are a few larger scale warehouse battles which do, in retrospect, have some fairly clear stealth pathways through them.

The limit of my stealth thus far has been to snipe people with a suppressed weapon when they're out of sight of their buddies

Last edited: 28 May 2013
  2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Developer: 2AGames - I'm sure you mean 4A Games? :p

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

As well as avoiding/knocking out/saving enemies you have to explore the levels carefully as well, the game is full of little off shoots and dark tunnels that look lovely and uninviting, but will contain both items and +points for your ending should you explore them. Just forging forwards Call of Duty style is a huge no no for getting the goodending.

4. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Played 15 minutes and love the atmosphere as I did in 2033. Tried playing with 4x SSAA but even with two way Titan SLi the frame rate suffers. This game will really push your system.

There isn't much difference when comparing, not that's easily noticeable in screenshots

1920x1200 Very High SSAA 4x is very nice to look at, but the hit on performance is huge. I think I'm currently having some SLi problems though, as the game has dropped in performance drastically since yesterday :(

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9477/metroll2013052916342882.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1619/metroll2013052916082359.png

Last edited: 30 May 2013
  5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

There's a lot more to it if you want the alternative ending you can knock them out to your hearts content

http://www.gamesradar.com/metro-last-light-alternate-ending-guide-and-walkthrough/

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's a small matter, but would you mind linking to images and displaying a preview rather than uploading multi-megabyte images directly to the thread?

It slows page loading to a crawl on my works machine. ;)

7. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

Sorry for the necro, but...

I am a huge fan of the STALKER series, and play through the three games regularly. I didn't think much of Metro 2033, it would have been better if it weren't so taxing on hardware (for reference, 2x 570 SLI heavily overclocked, Gulftown hex core at 4.5 GHz, SSD, you get the point) because the frame rates, load times, and glitches that served more to frustrate me rather than entertain me as designed. What I can't wrap my head around is how they were able to port this to PS3. This looks like a game to be played in a recliner with a gamepad anyway. So, the question is: What is the performance like on the console? With its predecessor being such a resource hog, it can't be any good- has anyone seen or played the console version?

8. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Like yourself Kilmoor I'm also a huge fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and I thought Metro 2033 was worth a squirt because it was along the same lines. I had absolutely no problem with performance in 2033 (on my old Q9550 based rig) and even better loading times/performance with Last Light and my current setup - 3770K, Sammy 840 Pro, blah blah blah.

Can't help you out on the console question though, haven't had one since my SNES.

:p

Tags: Add Tags