1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Cosford out the window thanks to bodies deciding to be ****

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Better still, buys noise meter from Maplins. Get it calibrated and keep a 'Diary of Noise' for a week...then call the council bod : P

3. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I have to wait until I get the money to get new eyeglasses.. The ones that I'm wearing right now is broken in 2 pieces.. near the thing where they connect to each other.. it's on the right side of the eyeglasses.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2013
  4. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Spend half of my Sunday making a bitchen' roast dinner for the Girlfriend, her Mum, Niece (and her father who I have never met).

****'s in the oven (nailed the roast potatoes this time... so crispy).

She comes down stairs and announces she doesn't feel like having guests and cancels about 20 minutes before they are about to show up.

Flies off the handle aabout how I don't support her enough then goes up to bed.

I've ****ing had enough of this ****, she's lucky I'm still here.

I ate half of the roast which I regret almost as much as getting into this situation!

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Send that bitch to bed with no dinner, have her family over anyway :thumb:

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That has psycho-hosebeast written all over it. Get rid.

7. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Phone calls from the ex.

8. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

1. Send to voicemail. 2. Delete all voicemail. 3. Get on with your life.

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Amen to that.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Need to go to sleep work tonight.

And also playing the waiting game with Argos. I am applying for an Argos Card so I can buy a new camera and spread the cost. Nikon D3100!

11. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Sunburn from Cosford Airshow.

Was epic but my face feels like Simon Westons.

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I havent been since I was a kid and got sun stroke.

Been meaning to go again. Oh well always next year.

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

After days of waiting for a response from Creative Labs this is their final response.

"Unfortunately, we are not able to replace the headset since the warranty has expired, months ago. We do not offer servicing or repair at present and our usual policy is to provide a replacement so long a product is covered with warranty. But as a gesture of good will, we can offer you a 10% discount code for any new (model) headset that you would be interested in purchasing from Creative estore. If interested , please reply to this email any time with in this year."

Needless to say I am very dissapointed. I do not mind paying for the repair of my headphones. And i also find it highly irregular that with the price of their products they don't offer a repair service after 24 months. Time to search for a new headset. Me haz a sad agen.

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

It does suck but I can completely understand where they are coming from. Most electronics today are designed without after sales support in mind. Costs them more to support and repair older products then what they earned from the original sale. TBH, if they did offer a repair service it would probably cost the same as a new set anyway.

As for me, still unemployed :(.

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I have a cold, which means I'm an old dragon for the next couple of days.

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Won ebay auction, guy phoned me straight after seemed like a straight up nice guy and asked if i could pay by bank transfer and the item would be posted today by 1 at which point he would phone me to confirm it's been posted...

Today running about all morning, taking money out my account going to barclays paid the cash in before 11, waiting for phone call at 1pm nope, nope, called the guy, "i'm not checking the bank account until 4pm tomorrow i'll probably post it then"

If i knew i wouldn't of been running about like a moron all morning -.-

17. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Evo... If you have android, iOS or bb, you could have downloaded Pingit... It's a Barclays app that allows you to text money straight to their account.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

...or you could be sensible and just pay by Paypal which is still instant and also gives you buyer protection. I've no idea why you would open yourself to getting screwed over like that, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see the seller or your money again and there won't be a thing you can do about it because you've not paid by Paypal so aren't eligible for buyer protection - http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Payment-by-Direct-Bank-Transfer/10000000002794069/g.html

The only reason the buyer wants you to pay by bank transfer is so he can avoid the Paypal fees, he's not interested in getting the item to you any sooner and even if he was he could just as easily do it if you paid by Paypal, because it will show in his account instantly.

19. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You've just been screwed, I hope it wasn't very much money!

Why on earth would you operate outside of the Paypal system on eBay? Cash on collection is fine but you have just given him the money with no connection to the auction.

You also have no written communication from him asking for you to pay by bank transfer. Did he give you the bank details over the phone? He can now keep the item, your money and file a no payment dispute through eBay which will leave you negative feedback.

Did the auction state PayPal as a payment method?

Last edited: 11 Jun 2013
  20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

OK, so now I'm p###ed and that doesn't often happen.

One of the services that the company I work for provides is that anyone can design a lightning conductor system for a building and ask us to check over the design and approve or reject it. We can do this as we have a very good reputation as being one of the best in the business and one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to the international, European and British standards for lightning protection (a couple of our engineers sit on the standards committees).

Now I deal a lot with Middle Eastern projects which I love doing as the buildings are often a little out of the ordinary (I was involved with the world's second tallest building and we will have work from the new tallest when that is built as well). I have had a lot of drawings come my way for checking, not a problem and something that I enjoy as it means that the quality of the designs has been improving.

However, some rat-b#####d c##t-nugget has been copying my approval stamp and signature and applying it to some absolutely horrendous and unsafe designs thus crapping all over my hard fought reputation in that region. Apparently my stamp is the most misused one in this field in that region.

Thankfully, our office out there has picked up on this and is sorting things out. I have not found out who is doing it yet (and there isn't really a lot that I can personally do about it) but until it gets sorted nothing is getting checked until it comes from someone I hold in good repute.