1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

OMG looking up those I found these.

Evil stuff. But in fairness, no buckshot in your dinner.

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

computer/printer rigged up, whey! so much better!

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Nikon D3100 comes tomorrow.

About to buy a P8Z68 the bay xD edit outbid at last second it seems.

And a case I have for sale is up at around £30 plus delivery!

Last edited: 12 Jun 2013
  4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Just 1 GSCE left. It's still not sunk in that I don't have to return to that ******** in just a matter of days.

5. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

2 left for me.

I'm going to miss them actually.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'm eyeing a set of judos for this winter, but for now I hunt with blunts. Nothing that I can't completely bludgeon beyond life in an instant-there is no victory in hunting with an improper tool and making things suffer. I hunt for meat, for skins, to make tools and sustain myself. But I will never condone making an animal suffer because I am sloppy, poorly prepared, slovenly or ill-equipped. I practice every day now. These blunts will easily take a squirrel or a rabbit. Nothing bigger. Anything more and I need a real, well sharpened point. As I don't have that yet, I shoot more targets than I do creatures anyway, to refine my form. I'm hunting with a longbow that is six feet unstrung. It's quite a change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flu-flu_arrow

That's a flu-flu arrow. Judos are more used for an activity called stumping, which gets you used to shooting in the woods. I live in the woods, I'm just combining.

Also, anyone who tried to hunt my land without permission won't hear me coming now.

7. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Where do you live?

Have you not joined the civilised world (if you can call it that) as yet?, or is it a way of life you choose?

However killing animals for food, i have no problem with, killing for pleasure is most deffinately wrong.

8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Sounds like you have locked in syndrome from gw2 or something :what:

9. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

ooh an archery discussion! Something I was really rather good at once upon a time and still passable at today.

Sadly technically its illegal to hunt any animal with a longbow in the UK. THanks a lot Henry VIII! As a result I still favour my air rifle for hunting but when I have the bow out and rabbits are in the field it is extremely tempting.

I shoot my horse bow mostly these days. I should crack the longbow out on a more regular basis. It's not all that powerful but a riot to shoot. Lovely and smooth but I have put something in the order of 2000 arrows or so through it I'd have thought if not quite a few more.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hmmmm bacon.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finished all of my exams for the year and almost all my coursework.

Two weeks off before starting my placement.

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

One more day.

One more day!

Onneeee moooreeee daaaaaay!

/le mis

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I choose it, but it's also the fact that I am half Seminole, and I try to preserve old traditions. I live in the woods, adjoining a national forest, in a small town in Alabama. I can certainly be as civilized as anyone else, but I enjoy the concept of self-sufficiency. We keep regular firearms, and I'm a great shot with them (because I grew up having to be able to shoot to eat) but there is a zen to this-making a bow from a board from Home Depot, rivercane or dowels for arrows (because my draw length is insane) and being able to bring home food to supplant our meager fixed income is something that makes me feel less useless for being handicapped. I can't hunt all the time, but I practice a lot-just me, the bow, and the target, and I don't have to think about anything else. It's also excellent strength training to help my irreparably damaged left shoulder.

My kills are used as far as I can take it-hides/pelts, bones, sinew, fat and meat. There's an amazing market for pelts, bone handled knives are in demand, and sinew helps me make better bows. I hope this year to take enough meat that I can share with friends as well. It's how to honor the spirit of the animal (and yes, I do hold to that idea, even as a Christian-God gave them for us to be good stewards thereof, and not wasting is good stewardship.)

I think the best part is how incredibly calming it is, to connect to that half of myself that is completely bereft of my land, my heritage, my people and to tell it I will not forget. I will not turn my back on the old ways. The heart of the Seminole Nation is the people who will preserve it, and I have chosen to do so.

Also, Robin Hood style tricks.

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I really like the idea of killing your own food.

I'd always said that I'd become a vegetarian if I wasn't able to go field to plate because I didn't have the nerve. I think it is important to understand the full nature of what is going on.

I wish I'd be able to take as much from this as you are able to. The sinew is an amazing thing to be able to use, and I'm damn impressed you're getting it all.

[​IMG]
    As you can see I was a tad squeamish, but I did it. The gore is from the gunshot wound through the chest which meant that I got a good fillet from the back.

15. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

News that my basketball team have been invited to play in Antwerp over Crimbo. That should be great fun.

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Probably buying a NEC2490WUXi and finally getting that ATCS840 to replace my HAF932.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

You'll like the 840, soooooo much space

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I already love my HAF. But I wanted something much more....understated.

Plus it's only going to be around$80 USD for a used one. As long as it's in decent condition. I'm sold.

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Finally watched the last ever episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer ( my vcr ran out of tape back when it was broadcast 10 years ago, was never repeated ); not as amazing as I expected, but still fun to finally see it...

20. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Work just bought me 2 Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablets to play with. Now to develop a few apps for them.