1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics No Dual DVI?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Christopher N. Lew, 14 Jun 2013.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

OK, PC running Windows 7, until recently equiped with a GTX 570 driving dual DVI displays.
    Now changed to Radeon R7790, my first time with a card from the red team. I'm only getting one of the display showing anything. I switched the cables over and found that both displays can work OK, but again only one at a time (hope that is clear). So apparently the problem lies with the new card.

I'm not familiar with the Catalyst software and drivers. I've used Catalyst Control Centre to automatically detect the card and download the correct drivers (no change). I've also used the 'Detect Displays' option both manually and automatically but still only one is found.

I'm thinking there is a hardware fault with the new card. Before I RMA it, is there anything else I should try?

(And let's not get sidetracked into why the apparent hardware downgrade, I just thought I'd explore alt-coin mining for a change from protein folding).

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Have you explored the desktop options in ccc? You can very easily arrange and sort desktops out including running dual ones.

3. Christopher N. Lew

Yes, I've tried all of the obvious options. I can change the resolution, rotate and flip the image and so on, but only ever with one display.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Back when I used to run dual display with AMD, I always found it easiest to use the Windows display options to set extended/spanned desktop to get it working the first time. You need to go in there and 'activate' your second display.

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

^This!!!

6. Christopher N. Lew

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply, but no, it's not Windows desktop related. Even Device Manager can't see two monitors.

Done some reading around. Seems this card does not support two VGA monitors plugged into the DVI connections (with adaptors). I should have remembered this from reviews! :wallbash:

I'm reverting to my older card.