1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No internet for Xbox One? Get an Xbox 360 then, says Microsoft.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

In my honest oppinion and i don't mean to defend MS for their actions over the last few weeks. But the countries that are not ready for launch is most likely down MS keeping up with Sonys release schedule. I'm sure the other countries will follow on quite quickly however think about how much is involved in releasing a console in another country? What hardware requirements are there due to the how many features the XBO has.

Hardware requirements for television reception in different countries.
    Language translations. ( that actually work rather than rushing it )
    Country based cloud resources.

I can see why the xbox needs online 24/7 access as a lot of it's features will be processed in the cloud. I would assume after launch they will remove some of the restrictions imposed once they see how their decisions have been recieved.

Online 24/7 doesn't bother me to be honest, nor does the camera ( Sony and Samsung televisions have been doing this for quite a while now ).

My only concern with the XBO is the old saying "Jack of all trades, master of feck all" I think the xbox is trying to add too many features too quickly and it will fail at launch as it rushes it's first batch of Xbox's out ( I forsee a day one server crash ).

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Consoles USED to be something where being online was just simply nice, but with lazy game devs today, it's almost a necessity if you want to get new levels, or a patch to a bug that should never have existed in the first place. This is one of the many problems with the gaming industry today - back with PS2, Xbox, and GC, devs knew that once they released a game they couldn't rely on it being updated, so they made sure it was stable, fun, and full of content. Albeit, the games were simpler, but on the other hand, most games today use some other engine like Unreal or Unity, so the developers have even less to work on, and is no excuse why they can't optimize.

The interesting thing is as game quality decreased, piracy increased. I get maybe 1 AAA per year on average, due to how unhappy I am with their results. I don't even think most of them are worth pirating.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Then you buy a 360 apparently. :hehe:

4. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Give it a while. Soon, we'll have another PS3-like hacker that disables the DRM.

5. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

So that means the people from CDProjekt (Poland) won't be able to play the Witcher 3 at launch , which is an Xbox One launch title?
    Good job, Microsoft, good job…

6. Xir

Xir Modder

You know how "Machete don't Text" ?

"WII Don't Update" :D

don't ask me why though, some games would need a bugfix or two (I'm looking at you, Telltale-Games) :miffed:

They work for Microsoft, they probably have a proxy to the US ;)

Tags: Add Tags