1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Surely vRAM is the one thing that won't in any way be improved by having two?

2. Parge

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Updates from the article

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

You're correct regarding the VRAM, however, FPS with one titan at 2560x1440 is a bit too low for my requirements. Tempted to get a lightboost monitor to see what all the fuss is about though...

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

A single 7970 maxs out bf3 at 2560 x 1440 (sig rig) and is very playable, so are you expecting bf4 to be much harder to please?

Or, when you say 'my requirements' do you mean you require a certain high fps for 3d? Or something else?

6. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Does anyone know if Battlerecorder will be implemented?

7. nchhabs

Yep - my requirements are rather severe as I'll explain further on.

Below you can find benchmarks for the 7970 as reviewed by Bit-tech.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/12/22/amd-radeon-hd-7970-3gb-review/5

I would hardly call 33 to 40 FPS playable, however, if you overclock significantly I imagine you would have an okay experience.

With a single Titan at 2560 x 1440, you'd hit (on average) 60 to 70 FPS, which is playable. However, for smooth gameplay at all times, two will ensure a minimum framerate around 100+, which I find ideal.

I intend to move (in the next two months) to a surround screen interface (3 Dell 2711 panels), which I imagine will probably necessitate a third Titan.

In any case, I should receive my two Titans on Friday. :rock:

Note: If you're gaming at anything below surround resolutions, 780s are more than enough, of course.

Spectator mode has been integrated, however, DICE has stated (for consoles) that they will utilise the PS4's and Xbone's onboard recording capabilities rather than a .dem CS style recorder; on PC nothing has been confirmed, but I imagine we'll most likely end up with DXtory/Shadowplay-esque solutions running on top of Spectator mode, which is fine I guess. Spectator mode was the most important inclusion.

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Draca. You rich w*nk!

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

He has always had the best of the best up to certain price point.

He does have a pretty mouth which is why he has that kind of money xD

Hmmm I average 55-60 with a 670. But then again I do play on High settings.

Might drop it down and see if I like the look of things like that.

BF4 is going to be awesome!

10. nchhabs

I lol'd. :hehe:

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Some interesting details amongst all that. No doubt many will be happy to see that the motion sensor ball is back (coupled with C4 and additional sights) so "aggressive Recon" is more viable perhaps for you.

They certainly do look to be on the ball with the development of this!

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Betty better get his arse back in the game then so we can do our usual Recon rush no-scoping.

SV98 + Red dot sight +straight pull bolt = CQC or Long Range sniping, you one dead mother fracker

13. Parge

Second (non launch) DLC detailed

Battlefield 4 Second Assault will be available post launch first for Xbox One consumers. This Premium expansion pack will feature four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, redesigned to take advantage of our advanced Frostbite 3 engine and enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So instead of bring brand new maps, just reiterate ones we have played before, but changed in some way because of Frostbite 3.

Great work DICE.

I have been a fan for along time, but this disappoints me to be honest.

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Wonder how difficult it is to port a BF3 map to BF4? They could do more imo, not as a main priority DLC though.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Agreed this kind of thing should be part of the main game not as an add on, depends on the maps to be honest. Shudders Metro, Nosehair lol

17. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

MOAR BF2 maps. But to be honest I wonder how good would they really be because they were designed with the BF2 mechanics in mind so the layout may not play well or be as great as it was for BF2 because of the new/different game mechanics. This was going through my mind a lot when I was playing the Karkand pack in BF3.

BF3 maps should work with BF4 in terms of gameplay. Should. But like Dom I am a little disappointed because it doesn't take that much effort (compared to BF2 map porting anyway) to bring to BF4. The silver lining to this is that you won't have to abandon your 'favourite' maps when you move to BF4. You'll still get to play them.

Last edited: 25 Jun 2013
  18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Hell I'd argue that if you own the map on BF3, then you should get the map on BF4 either for free or heavily discounted.

19. Parge

I'd agree with that!

Poor show! If they were re-making maps from BF2 or something then fair play, but to rip them straight from BF3 is a joke.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So which will they be?

I'm calling Caspian, Nosehair, Grand Bazaar and Firestorm...

Four maps in paid expansions is kind of pathetic, also why I wait and buy the Premium Edition. The number of great maps in 2 (and very good maps in 3) is such that they could just keep going until almost all the levels from all the Battlefields were in the current version (and I'd buy them).

A lot of BF2s maps would be perfect for massive destruction, toppling the grain-silos on Harvest or punching holes in the Kubra Dam. I have to admit I'm disappointed by re-using Bf3's maps, maybe they should bring back some of BC/BC2's maps instead.

Last edited: 25 Jun 2013