1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Come on now be honest - how much do they actually pay you? Are you not even a person and just an advertisement robot for Ducky?

fuus likes this.
  2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I saw that advertised at some shop the other day while I was helping someone look for an item... on aqua led board... and they had the nerve to call it Miami! That was my idea!!!

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Still not sold on the miami colour scheme if I'm honest - most I can understand but that's bonkers! Would like to see it on a board even if I never own it...

Thanks for shipping our GMK stuff so quickly btw :thumb:

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

CM Storm QF Rapid with blacks is £53.28 @ Scan... I'm so tempted at that price. Also there's a Quickfire Pro with reds going for £59 at boxuk. Decisions, decisions.

5. GeorgeK

Have you used blacks before? Some people are fine with them but I find them really stiff. What about a WHITE CM Storm Quickfire TK on Scan Today Only for £65 - that's a tenner off standard price!

[​IMG]

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Amazon UK finally changed the status to 1-3 weeks instead of Unavailable, and price at Amazon including shipping goes down to €90. Finally a price worth thinking about, especially if i find something else worth buying on Amazon UK :).

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Thanks for the heads up - REALLY tempted by the browns as they would be my first choice, but I gotta say that the backlit stuff just annoys me; not much scope for meaningful keycap swapping. Still though, a nice MX brown board for £65 with express delivery is hard to pass up...

Edit: I may have bought it... will find out on Tuesday :naughty:

Last edited: 22 Jun 2013
  8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Just be aware that you'll be getting an ISO layout if you buy any CM Storm from a UK reseller, which poses its own keycap issues.

I know what it looks like sometimes but I really like them :worried: I'd like it if they paid me but I don't think I'd make much somehow...

Besides, which other keyboard brands do you know who'd actually release a backlit pink on white keyboard?

9. Margo Baggins

[​IMG]

I like these PBT dye sub boards.

10. IvanIvanovich

Ducky does not copy others clearly...
    [​IMG]

11. Margo Baggins

It's been about as an imsto set though as well hasn't it. I have it as a set of blanks. It's an awesome colour scheme!

But yeah, both the imsto and the ducky copy the realforce. But maybe the realforce is copying the space cadet :D

12. IvanIvanovich

True that, copies of copies of copies of copies.... I think it was probably done on a typewriter in the 60's first or something more than likely.

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yeah I noticed that - if you want to buy cheap, you have to be prepared to compromise on finer points like layout and back lighting etc. For me there were three primary considerations: price (cheap as possible), switch type (browns preferred) and compact but with numpad, so the TK board on special offer was pretty much perfect. I'll see how I get on with the different layout... if I don't like it, I can always sell. :)

14. GeorgeK

^ By 'different layout' do you mean ISO or no arrows etc?

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

^both really, but mostly the ISO. I don't think itll bother me much. It does have arrows but they are in the numpad. :)

16. GeorgeK

Fair enough - are you used to the US layout mainly then?

17. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm definitely more used to US ANSI now, I much prefer the longer left shift and enter, and now really prefer " and @ being swapped around.

Also, all in favour of kicking Shirty from the thread next time he posts a Ducky advert? :D

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Looks like the Phantom PCBs and plates have been shipped :)

19. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

*not an advert at all*

Someone please buy my Klaxon caps!

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

My mistake - when you asked if the ISO would throw me I automatically typed ISO but the picture shows an ANSI layout, which is what I'd have to get used to! I love ISO.

Thing is, the Quickfire TK is definitely made with a UK layout, so the limited edition white board with the SGK-4020-GKCM2-UK designation must have this layout (I'd assume, anyway). However, and strangely, all the Quickfire TK product shots on Scan are of ANSI keyboards despite them carrying a UK model designation.

Can anybody shed light on this? It's very confusing (and misleading) if the pictured layout isn't actually the layout on the board. :rolleyes: