1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Vengeance K70 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 24 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You know, despite being a stickler for more "standard" looking keyboards, I don't mind this design from Corsair. The exposed switches works pretty well, particularly on this black model.

One thing I think Corsair need to do is to either release a new revision of the K60 with full mechanical keys, or maybe a K65 - but keep it at the lower price point. This will massively increase the company's reputation amongst mechanical keyboard enthusiasts.

However now that the Ducky Shine II has had its price slashed by £30 that puts it in direct competition with this keyboard, and unless you are a stickler for the look of the K70 then I'd still point you in the Ducky's direction. More choices, proven design. But this keyboard (and the K95, for that matter) does look like it's improved on the previous generation of Corsair mechanicals.

** DISCLAIMER - I DO NOT WORK FOR, NOR AM I AFFILIATED WITH DUCKY CHANNEL OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES. BUY THE KEYBOARD YOU WANT! **

3. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Always nice to read keyboard reviews. Worth pointing out that the bottom row of the K65 and K70 is non-standard (tiny windows keys) so they'll be fairly difficult to replace.

Shame, as the aluminium versions actually look very nice, and there are a decent variety of switch types available this time around.

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have this keyboard and honestly it is staying on my desk till it literally falls to pieces. Absolutely love this design

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Hmmmm...... now do I buy this or the Carbide Air 540.....

Decisions,decisions.....

6. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Very nice review, seems a good board, can't wait for mine to be delivered soon.

Another one that caught my eye is the smaller K65, very intrigued by it and may get that also. :grr:

7. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Come on Corsair, get off the band wagon and try a board with something besides red lighting. Sheesh... whats so bad about white?

8. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

NO..NO..NO!!!!

Don't you understand, I need you to tell me that this is absolute rubbish, not even remotely worth the money and people should look to far cheaper alternatives to this extravagant waste of money.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The BIOS functionality isn't redundant. The keyboard utilises a 16 bit connection which gives it problems with some USB KVM's. The BIOS switch allows it to run in 8 bit mode for compatibility as well as allowing Corsair to update the BIOS for further KVM compatibility.

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Even if I tried I couldn't. Never thought I would like a stupid keyboard this much

11. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ohhh that might help me. Running the k60 through my KVM causes some weird audio feedback, I wonder if that's related

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Drop me a PM, I am running a K60 through an Aten KVM (but not audio).

13. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I think the uber k90 has white back lights, and the K70 is also available in silver with blue back lights.

Matt was very quick to nab this for himself - always the sign of a good piece of kit!

14. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

This keyboard does seem to have everything I want, except for being about £60 more than I could possibly justify to myself (I could buy an HP Micro sever for less).
    Guess I'll be sticking to my bog standard Dell keyboard for a while longer.

15. sixfootsideburns

Truth, but unfortunately I find blue lighting almost as annoying as red haha. Thats what I get for not being part of the main stream market I guess. I will likely still end up buying it. I've been waiting for the right keyboard to drop the beans on a mechanical and this looks like a prime option

16. Shirty

Shine... Shine... Shine... Shine...

Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green, White, Pink, Orange or Red LEDs and all four mainstream Cherry MX switch options ;)

17. sixfootsideburns

Yeah but its so expensive! Guys... I just want my cake and eat it too alright? Cripes!!

18. ProZac

ProZac What's a Dremel?

I've had this keyboard for a couple of weeks now, and got to say its the best keyboard I have ever put my hands on. No delay, USB passtrough works like a charm, actually use it to connect my M65 Corsair mouse, and I have no problems or delay on that either in FPS games.

Really impressed of the new gaming series Corsair is pushing out :D Keep it going.

19. barrkel

barrkel What's a Dremel?

20. Shirty

It's only a fiver more than this...

Tags: Add Tags