1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Arma 3 beta bundles released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Jun 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. konstantine

konstantine What's a Dremel?

This game is so boring, it's a blood boiler. The visuals are alright, not anything that will blow you out of water. The mechanics are chunky and clumsy. I wouldn't call the game a polished one, in terms of both graphics and mechanics.
    The gameplay is worse on the same scale. You're supposed to kill people you never see properly using a mid-range scope. It's not a battlefiled game, and it doesn't feel like a decent arcadish game...

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

No mention that that the Alpha was available on Steam for the last few months at £19.99? That's when I picked it up.

If you're looking for anything remotely like an arcade game, you're in the wrong place.

As for the graphics, they look great, especially when you look at the maps that have been ported over from Arma 2, the difference is huge.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I didn't mention the price - which is academic, 'cos the cheapest you can get entry for now is £29.99 - but the alpha's mentioned right there in the article:

5. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I know, nothing wrong with a bit of extra info though, especially with the sliding price scale they are using, looks like the price will be £40 on release.

I wasn't sure if you were aware of the alpha as you say:
    which is a bit off as if you wanted an early start, you would've bought it months ago.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Fair point - should have added "but didn't pick up the alpha in time!"