1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games to Watch in 2013

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 3 Jan 2013.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I hope it does I'm going to by a brand new top spec rig to play it max settings when it comes out whether I eat for that month or not I will have that pc!

2. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

I could never understand the attraction for a guy to aspire to take on the role of Laura Croft in the old and now the new tomb Raider. Lets face it, the large majority of gamers are guys (queue the feminists!)
    I for one would much prefer to play the character as her twin, separated at birth, Larry Croft. Perhaps this game taps into some sub-conscious male desire of cross dressing or cross sexualisation?!

3. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

I think that this is the best looking lara croft so far,
    however, i think that the new alien game will be brilliant,
    hopefully graphically stunning too

4. SubtleOne

SubtleOne What's a Dremel?

Funny Crysis 3 is not in your list. No matter how it turns out, it is impossible to not be on anyone's list of games to look out for in 2013. Like many, am curious about CoH2, but am strongly suspicious it won't be just CoH with slightly revamped graphics and a new campaign. Fun no doubt, but unlikely to have much Wow factor.

Dead Space 3, though if it continues the road of just action and no chills, then it will have permanently lost its special appeal to me. Curious about part two of Starcraft II, but am not an RTS junkie (aside from Crusader Kings II - but it is a very special type).

5. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

But question this time is will your SLI'd GTX 680's handle Sim City?
    :eyebrow:

6. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

I realise it's almost certainly going to be a complete and utter turd, but I'm looking forward to Resident Evil 6. While I didn't really enjoy 5 I've loved the franchise since the original came out a million years ago and feel obliged to pick it up.

7. KithKhan

KithKhan A dremel is all you need.

Star Citizen\Squadron 42 (not sure if they'll be released this year)
    Sim City
    Rome II

8. KithKhan

KithKhan A dremel is all you need.

Oh yeah. And SC2: Heart of of the Swarm, of course.

9. stjimmy69

stjimmy69 What's a Dremel?

In retrospect, SimCity could not have made a worse impact on the gaming market. This just reminded me how overly hyped it really was compared with how little it delivered to an already bloated market full of far better games. I never thought SimCity 4 would stand the test of time this long but after playing the new one, i can't believe how much better it really is.
    Who'd have thought that the most over-hyped part (the online aspect) would turn out to be one of the biggest polished turds the world has ever seen.

10. stjimmy69

So what you're saying is that you feel the game did not cater to you as a man?
    You're right, the majority of games are catered towards men, what you're suggesting is that all games should be that way and not at least attempt to cater towards a female market.
    That said, Tomb Raider is about as far from "female orientated" as chocolate knickers in that it, once again, proves how sexist and detrimental towards an equal society games have to be to be accepted by male gamers. I find it disgusting that you assume the games industry should cater towards male gamers just because they make up the larger portion of the market (acute marketing exec's know to avoid crowded areas of the market and head for "niche" areas once in a while), but i'm even more disgusted that you think the game is anything close to female orientated.
    Close minded views on world equality are what make modern gaming (specifically every game that features an overly muscular space marine) such a chore.
    Here's a point to take away - if you find it difficult to play as a female in a game but will happily play as a muscular armour-clad moron with a minigun, you're probably not as comfortable in your manhood as you would like to think you are.

11. stjimmy69

None of my friends can understand my obsession with the X games, they're stupidly addictive once you get a hang of the interface and controls. Can't wait for Rebirth!

12. Risky

Risky Modder

It's the depth. Things like he fact that the game is calculating movements of ships you might never meet in sectors you haven't discovered. It makes you feel like a smaller part of the picture rather than the standard game where everything revolves around the player and nothing is happening in the rest of the gameworld.

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The edit button is your friend.

> Across there and................. down a bit \/, next to quote.

Tags: Add Tags